Wrong NC MAX nerf (and more)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elia Chobanov, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Elia Chobanov

Okay, SOE.
    Again, you have listened to n00b COD/BF whiners. Good (sarcasm). Why? I myslef am VS and I have not had problems with NC maxes. I get killed by them as much as by TR. My strategy is to keep off their FOV/range if possible and C4/Anti-tank mine them (the second one happens whet I get lucky). The only thing you should have nerfed is SCAT damage to other MAX-es. That is it. Let's wait and see how it really turns out.
    Then - shotguns nerf. Believe it or ot, shotguns were FINE. Except maybe the pumps. You mistake was adding the pumps. But apart from them, they were fine. You had to sneak up/eat plenty of bullets to get into shotty range and score that 2 hit kill. Bu usually it will be more than 2 hits to kill someone. If my calculations are right, you still get 2HK at very close range.
    The slugs nerf. Are people actually complaining about them?! They were too. I probably got killed by slugs 2-3 times. It's very hard to kill unstationary targets but then there are 0-skill infiltrators that would have killed the non-moving guy first.
    This pretty much sums up my opinion and if there is something else, I'll add. Thank you ( I don't know for what :eek: ).
    • Up x 3
  2. SgtBreastroker

It isn't the noob/CoD/BF whiners. It is your Planetside community whiners. Quit placing the blame on other games and accept that the Planetside 2 community want everything to be carbon copies of one another with different skins.
    • Up x 2
  3. WUNDER8AR

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. MayorD

how balancing team is working:
    4 people there, one of them the ceo balancer.
    1 man: hm.. maybe reduce shotgun damage, the rest is ok. lets see what comes.
    2 man: mh.. maybe reduce magazine ammo, the rest is ok. lets see...
    3 man: hnn.. maybe up the reload time, the rest is ok. lets see...

all suggestions come to ceo.
    CEO: Ok, reduce damage, reduce magazine, up reload time. sounds fair. next max balancing in 6 months. i can go home.
  5. JP_Russell

Yeah, I agree - scattercannon damage (or shotgun damage in general) against MAX's was the only thing I thought needed to be looked at. I thought scattercannons were in a good place otherwise and was a big proponent of giving the other factions' MAX AI weapons some needed buffs to make them more effective in their respective niches. Instead, they seem to have balanced in the opposite direction, which is disappointing to me. I was really hoping to see MAX's made more potent and relevant for all factions, but that seems unlikely now, aside from the possibility of new weapons in the MAX update being overpowered.

Also agree about the shotgun changes, I thought the semi-autos were fine before.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elia Chobanov

I'm blaming these games because they are one of the reasons the communiy is what it is. You can't deny they have influence in both the game (sadly) and in the community.