Wow, Look At: Harrasser Lives Tumbling Down Cliff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, Aug 8, 2013.

1. ent|ty

Wow, look at that.. I put a dumbfire into the rear of a Harasser, my other squad members are shooting it with whatever they can; the Harasser panics and drives off a sheer cliff near Zurvan, hits a slight slope and tumbles at least 3 times over itself, is smoking but still manages to drive away.

Come on man, this is ridiculous.

Harasser is severely broken . That thing should have blown up BEFORE it even went over a cliff, with all the damage it was taking...

I need to start playing with FRAPS and screenshots, because I've got to start building a case about how the Harasser is PRACTICALLY (that means in practice not theory folks) as to its ridiculous survivablity on the battlefield in many situations, regardless of what the drivers try to counterpost on these forums.

I also like a Harasser charging me, and successfully running me over (fair enough), but me putting a rocket into his face as he does, and the damage screen only shows about 5% to the entire vehicle.

These vehicles are invincible folks.
    Doing stationary tests in the VR does not apply to in-game battle situations.
    • Up x 3
  2. McToast

Moin

The easiest way is to cert out your own harasser and play it for a while. You'll notice you won't get killed as often by them as soon as you learn their strengths and weaknesses (same counts for ESFs and libs btw). I rarely get killed by harassers nowadays. Can't even remember the last time an AI harasser killed me. But on the other hand there are players who get farmed by the same fury/marauder harasser again and again and still are not able to learn.
    The harasser itself is fine. It's weapons could use a bit tweaking and the lightning needs a revamp & buff, but I think the harasser is fine.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  3. DeathTollDavid

4. ent|ty

I hopped into a Harrasser with some random guy during a fight near the Crown 2 weeks ago.
    It was easy as hell to survive, and I went on an easy 30+ killstreak until we hit a mine. All we had was a Fury. There was a few times where I might have been concerned, but the driver simply popped out and repaired us while I kept shooting to defend. It was my first time, we had no communication other than proxy chat, and we had no problem.

Yes, understand its very tempting to attack the skill of the player who is posting on a topic, but that is irrelevant to this scenario that I and many others observe during real gameplay.

I dont post out of ignorance, okay? I am the first to go play another faction/weapon'/class before I even come close to posting something negative about it.
  5. McToast

Moin

Of course its easy to get kills in a fury harasser. That thing is a noobgrinder. I'm all for tuning the furys splash damage down (and restoring some of its direct damage, making it a bit more "skillbased"). It's ridiculous how little effort you have to put in to get tons of kills as a fury gunner. But in my opinion this a problem with the fury, not with the harasser. I mean, I love my fury, AI is what I usually pull a harasser for. It's excellent against a bigger infantry force without armor/air support, but it should require a bit more effort to get these results. CA is mandatory, try to survive in a stock harasser, it blows up so damn fast as soon as a 2/2 MBT or an ESF/lib shows up. I know it, because I kill harassers all the time in a vanguard/liberator/ESF.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  6. Dvine

Can you tell me why you and a couple of other dudes (like 4-5) just HAVE to open new threads about how the harasser has to be nerfed as soon as the old one falls off to page 2 on this forum?
  7. ent|ty

Because I can. Thanks for responding.
  8. Sinoby

On what character did you go on that killstreak? I don't see that on any of your characters listed in your sub. According to your stats on your main character you spent 3 hours in the harasser and got 11 kills...
    However, the thing that you have discribed is more a glitch in the game - vehicles don't get any significant damage from falling down cliffs. It is not only harasser problem, it is game-wide.
    • Up x 1
  9. ent|ty

Maybe it was only 11 kills in actuality , but plenty of damage caused and kill assists. All i know was that , that ol' cash register was ringing ca-ching, ca-ching-ca-ching.

Anyways, I believe it was against VS, so it may be entityTR account.

The point is, that my experience as an inexperienced co-pilot in a Harasser was quite easy.

I just dont play in a Harasser because it doesn't interest me. If it did, I know it would be quite easy to rack up more kills and assist and damage on enemy tanks, etc. a relative walk in the park compared to a dedicated AV infantry player such as myself.

Nice try though. Now please address the OP, because what you are talking about has nothing to do with the scenario presented.
  10. LynxFury

Done similar things in every vehicle in the game (usually unintentionally) except the flash. There might be something broken, but it's not necessarily the harasser. Than again perhaps Araxis just has less gravity.....then again for every save like you describe there's ten where an harasser flips on a pebble, flips the armored car and blows up.