Would you want a 5-10 minute unbreakable cloak?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MasterCheef, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MasterCheef

It would cost resources like any other consumable, but it would be strictly for recon. There would be no way to attack until the 5 minutes were up, but maybe it could still allow hacking.
  2. AnuErebus

5-10 minutes would be massively excessive. I'd never use it because it I can't break the cloak I'd effectively just be waiting around until it's over and that's no fun.
    • Up x 2
  3. Plague Rat

Nah, I think once we get stalker cloak we'll have a good enough range of cloak flavors to accommodate a good range of play styles.

As far as recon functionality, I think that's going to come more from utility options. For example, I'd like sensors packages with a per unit resource cost that I can sneak in and deploy that function like a flash's scout radar. An enemy can find and destroy them, but a well placed units deployed in a proper sensor array could provide longish-term intelligence on unit movements within the area. I'd happily take something like that in place of mines, especially if I can use it in tandem with recon darts.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rohxer

Sure, it would be great for when I need a bathroom break!

Or if I need to let the dog out.

Or if I need to answer the doorbell.

Or send the kids to bed...

...And it could be _really_ useful in revealing who is using a radar map hack - I'd cert it just to bust these people...

Not sure how often I'd actually use it as an in-game tool, however. "Recon" in this game is pretty trivial with the maps already telling roughly how many enemies are present, and for more specific info, just fire some darts, do a flyover with a scout radar ESF, or park a flash.

Also, you'd also be a sitting duck if discovered with another inf's dart gun since you couldn't shoot back once cornered. No thanks. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. MasterCheef

yeah, ok. So its a bad idea. I guess it would only appeal to the more voyeuristic kind of player.

Moving on.
  6. Mythicrose12

I knew you just wanted to chase female Vanu around without getting shot up. ;)
    • Up x 6