[Suggestion] Worldwide Friendly Fire Invulnerability?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Jul 17, 2014.

1. KomradeKommissar

This is only my 3rd post after playing PS2 for 2 years. Had to do the email process to myself to remember my password.

Either get better at aiming or play a different game. Seriously, this is a game based on positioning, logistics, and teamwork, not how many explosions or shots you're capable of unloading into doorways and stairwells. This OP is just sad.
  2. Zar

KDR has never mattered in this game if you think it does you are wrong for the simple reason I could make a lvl 1 sit in a noskill bunker and have a KDR of 100 in about an hour
  3. 3punkt14159

Sorry my english is not soo perfect,.. i mean, they should fix the invulnerability bug and afther that the can turn off friendly fire in the warpgate. On every other situation FF is just good as it is now, maybe there can be more punishment for a spawnroom FF but not more. In a hard fight it just happens,.. sometimes its not your own failure when you get e friendly kill. When an guy sleeps behind my tank or so, ,.
  4. JudgeNu

This is a strange post.

If you play the game for statistics, just ask for a stat that counts TK's.

No FF is a thing of the past.

Take off the training wheels and man up

The senseless TK's in WG/Spawns are done by little children, just don't hang out there.
  5. DatVanuMan

I personally hate K/Ds, but it is such an important thing in games, especially to Call of Dummies people who rage after every match when they have a K/D of 1XD Thing is, friendly firers are never punished. Instead, YOU are, despite doing nothing wrong.
    • Up x 1
  6. Udnknome

Given how game breaking this is, it should be a consumable item that lasts 8 hours. Call it a NO FF Boost, neither are you killed by FF, but you also deal no FF. $200/ 8 hrs. :D
  7. Archiadus

The horror of the invisible C4 flash that kills your tank but not itself :eek:

Anyway the problem with FF and punishments is that if the punishment is too harsh it'll encourage trolls and angry 4th factioners to internationally run in-front of you while you're firing just to annoy you but if the punishment isn't punishing at all players will go rampant killing whole groups of allies.

Fixing the problem isn't as easy as just turning FF off completely, sadly.
  8. Ronin Oni

The "4th faction" problem is not saboteurs swapping factions to kill/blow stuff up. That doesn't happen all that often. The famed "4th faction" is people switching sides to PLAY for the other side because they want to win.

As for repercussion? How about the most ungodly amount of HE spam you've ever seen in your life?

Currently tankers, libs, ESF's etc try to identify who is who because they don't want to get weapons locked. And tight CQB fighting they can't just fire indiscriminately to kill all the enemies and none of the allies. Remove FF and this games explosive spam will go through the roof being used as cover as their allies run through it.

PS2 tip #1. STOP CARING ABOUT YOUR K/D.

They have KDR because all FPS have KDR. Just ignore it. Most of the rest of us do. Some MLG tryhards care but noone really cares about them anyways. You can easily farm a K/D by nothing but gunning libs and Gals, or have an abysmal one but be far more important to your teams success.
    They have been working on that fix. It wasn't the highest priority but it's been something they've looked for considerably. It's a desync issue that was not so easily fixed but last I heard they had an idea that might fix the issue removing this bug and actually a few others as well that have long plagued the game
  9. Wyll

One, to heck with KDR. It is for those that feel the need to buy sport cards, bad toupees and rulers to measure their shortcomings. As I like to call it "the vanity stat".

Two, world wide friendly fire turned off could be bad. Instead of squads have to check their fire, players can unloaded without penalty. If you think getting shelled by air is bad now or pinned down in a point by fire is an issue, try it with world wide FF turned off. I have played some war games with this feature and let me tell you, sitting in a building getting shelled by armor with planes dropping bombs overhead while enemy infantry stand just outside the door to fire in at you is not fun.
  10. JP_Russell

For spawn rooms, certainly, but we had friendly fire off in the warpgate for over a year without issue.
  11. Rift23

No FF=grenade/C4 everywhere.
    • Up x 1
  12. Icedude94

Also, no friendly fire means:
    - High explosive weapons being fired more into buildings since there's no longer a risk to friendly infantry.
    - Chokepoints losing most of their strategic value since every attacker will be firing, not just the guys out in front.
    - Grenade spam.
    - (My favorite) Outfit shenanigans. Even with friendly fire on, we still throw C4 on the back of a MAX and then have it charge into a room with a bunch of enemies. Just now the MAX will still be alive to mop up any survivors.
  13. ChUnKiFieR

Quote "I'm trying to figure out what repercussions would be brought to the game if players were impervious to friendly fire worldwide."

Thanks for all the flames to a legitimate question. I never said I had any answers but I would like to to see the warp gates fixed at a minimum.
  14. Ronin Oni

As I explained, the bug is due to something else entirely. It's the Desync bug and responsible for a number of the worst issues PS2 has.

They're working on it, but in the meantime, FF in WG is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR preferable than people intentionally causing desync to become invincible liberators.
  15. TorigomaSET

That is an even WORSE Idea than just removing FF altogether. There is no way to determent Intentional vrs Accidental. Negative EXP would just mean Accidental TKs are Punished, where Intentional TKs, which are mostly ALTs, take no hit at all (they are in it for the giggles, exp does not matter to them).
  16. Liam23490

It could confuse new players. They may find that friendly fire is not possible at the warpgate, and start accidentally team killing in actual play.
  17. JP_Russell

Again, it was never an issue before. Should a new player have that confusion, it shouldn't take them long to learn friendly fire exists in general (it's one of the few things that the game communicates well through normal gameplay). I was a new player once, too, and I was able to connect the dots in time that the warpgate simply gave invulnerability from all damage.
    • Up x 1
  18. Regpuppy

Among the plethera of things that would confuse new players for longer than 5 seconds, this is not one of those things. The no-no symbol and annoying sound effect are pretty blatant signs that you should cease shooting your fellow soldier in the back.

There have been many a player that have come on these forums to complain about the system in one way or another, but not to complain about it being confusing.
  19. Bindlestiff

I doesn't matter to you, and it doesn't matter to me. However it does matter to some people, however irrelevant we may think it is. People can play the game how they want, and if that means they are playing it statistically then thats fine by me so long as they are playing.
  20. MonnyMoony

As they should be IMO.

If you have loads of accidental TKs - you probably need to be more careful, currently there is little incentive to be since it takes so long to get weapon locked.