World Domination Series

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Excretus Maximus

Will mod 19 lock this too?

Every thread Luperza posts in tonight gets locked...
  2. Lazaruz

Well what else do you expect, when she keeps derailing every thread with her positive attitude.
    • Up x 4
  3. -MJ12-

Thank you SOE for flooding Cobalt with TR, a few weeks before this event.

Every VS-Player is so looking forward to participate with 24-25% population in prime time.

[IMG]
  4. HadesR

Just need to hear from NC Commander Clegg :p
  5. Onyxinator

Planetside 2: World Population Series

Sorry, someone had to say it.
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

It's a nice idea but unfortunately all you are going to get is a series where the highest pop faction wins.

Unless you can somehow award points based upon faction numbers at the time of capture to try and bring the scoring in line with the size of the zerg all you will see is the biggest team win, rather than the best

I don't have a problem with zergs as such, they give me more targets..... but during a competitive event it doesn't work so well.

NC and VS players are already disgruntled on Waterson because of the TR dominating alerts. Having a table that is only going to serve to highlight their dominating population won't make anyone feel any better
  7. Trillsiker

Well, this is a good idea, give ppl an objective if always a good thing. So it's nice to see that kind of initiatve, thanks a lot for that.

:confused:But:confused:

Because of the sad 4factionners SOE created by allowing people switch freely Tr/Vs/Nc without any cooldown, basicly that have ruin all the game, we can expect a full TR zerg during this 5week alert.

On Miller, during an alert, there is 48% world pop TR because of thoses ***** 4th factionners, the game is not playable unless you love get farm at spawn 1-12 vs 128+

I rly fear that will be like that for 5week, especially if experience boost are the reward....
    Anyway, there's enougth threads about it, till SOE react about this problem and finally add a Cooldown of 8h between faction character switch , i think all the core loyal players of every faction will **** the game :)
  8. Lazaruz

I really don't understand why people would resort to the 4th faction during this five week, worldwide event.

If people just want the free stuff, you only need to log in for a minute once a week with each faction (or maybe cap one outpost), to get a prize at the end of the week with one of those characters. So why bother going beyond that? Pick a faction and stick with it.
  9. ViXeN

I have faith in Waterson Vanu! :D
  10. Grayson

This will FAIL hard, the overpopulated factions (mostly TR) will win almost everything, not to mention that everyone will just switch to the winning faction and screw over the whole event even more. Because having a different faction char on the same server is a REALLY good idea.....Right? :rolleyes:
    At least it will provide some data....(overpopped factions and 4th faction, so we can lolspamm it on twitter to them :D )
  11. Zagareth

This WD Seriesis completely BS, unless SOE prevents that people starts switching their faction to the winning team. So once the event has started you can only login and play 1 and only ONE faction on a certain server for 5 weeks.

I guess everyone on Ceres plays TR, just to make sure, they win the damn title and points. How do you make sure that this scenario won't happen?
  12. Sovereign533

Can't we just shelve this and give TR a faction specific title and decal every week?
    Next to giving them 10k xp every hour and then removing the alerts?

I only see good things if you do this, TR will still get their regular boosts, and fights won't be that much impacted.
  13. Halo572

Haven't played for 6 weeks, so I am overdue coming back after 2 weeks.

And this will do absolutely nothing to compel me to.

It does nothing to address the glaring game play problems and complete lack of game content.

All it does is reward the broken gameplay on display for the past 10 months. Peak might still create some good fights - 2 -3 hours a day - the rest of the time off peak it will be pwnage not only for the historical free XP but also free territory points.

Also can't see it doing much to change the behaviour of the best player in the game, with his 51.24 K/D and 160k mosquito kills.

Might install just to see what a clusterfarce it is, purely out of interest, but really, ado you think I am stupid enough to get fooled by something as badly thought out and implemented as this?
    • Up x 1
  14. HadesR

Hope they rotate the overdue Warpgates before it starts ..
  15. ThommiX

They are trying to give people objectives to guide them into other fights than just Indar. Since the score is calculated from all servers in the end,not just one, it should balance the population differences at least a bit.

It might not be a perfect system to start with, but as they said on reddit, this preseason is the baseline they need to make this work.
    So, try it out and then complain or give feedback. No point in dooming it before even trying. That just adds to the problem. Maybe we now get people to concentrate more instead of spreading over the 3 maps and doing nothing useful.

Maybe i'm just too optimistic but i have never seen any point in dooming something you haven't ever even tried yet.
    • Up x 1
  16. BloodMonarch

All that has appeared in this thread so far is complaints about over pop. This could however, be just what we're looking for to balance out the population advantage that exists for one faction or the other on each server. We can actually do something about this 'ourselves' with this world Domination event!!!

The basic goal is to score more points than the other 2 factions, you can do this if your the over pop side by fighting bothr the other factions and taking and holding more territory than them, OR, both the under populated teams can attack the team that has the most points (read "over populated" team) and take territory off them. The over populated faction with the most points gets double teamed, constantly, until they are no longer leading the points race, at which point whoever has the most points potentially becomes the target.

Lets use some simple extreme numbers, If for example the TR on Miller has a pop of 50% and Vanu and NC have 25% each, providing both Vanu and NC exclusively attack TR the fight is now even, both VS and NC will gain ground and points at the expense of TR losing points. Its going to ebb and flow, but as long as people go and fight where its most beneficial for their team in world domination event we should get some good fights and it could overall be pretty close.

What will have to change is people will have to stop just going to the closest fight, i.e NC fighting Vanu just because they're right next door at the bottom of the map, leaving TR owning 2/3 of the map and picking up all the points that will go with it.

Remember the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" until the enemy suddenly changes!...when they become the points leader. Sounds like it could be fun.

Now obviously not everyone is going to read, or care too much about the world domination, so its up to the rest of us that do care, to steer the others into doing what is beneficial for the team. All those that can issue the faction wide orders command should start using them in the event and use them properly, i.e. with explanations as to why "some people from X need to go and help at Y"

I really think we need less of the "its doomed to fail", before its even started. Look at it in a positive light, it gives the game a purpose, which it is currently lacking

Edit to add:- Of course you'd have to throw into the mix the global points tally across all worlds, so it could be that in some cases, even though TR is the over populated team on say Miller, NC would still need to fight Vanu if they are the ones that held a global points lead.
  17. Eugenitor

But players don't do this. They don't do this during alerts, they don't do this when one side is trying a continent capture, they don't do this unless the winning team has physically split the other two empires, leaving them with only one left (on a continent) to attack. By and large, large fractions of them switch to their alt on the winning team. Every time.

And most of them don't even read forums.
    • Up x 2
  18. NB88

Yay, more crap for Woodman NC... I "love" the hate were getting from SOE (even if its unintentional). :D
    But seriously though, this event, though its a great idea, for as long as people are allowed multiple characters on the same server its going to be a r***-fest for the lower population(s). I'd say scrape the event for ever, or remove the possibility to create multiple characters on the same server. (damned 4th faction)
  19. BloodMonarch

players 'can' be galvanized into doing something they don't normally do....but it wont happen through the forums, like you say, most players don't read them.

It did happen on Miller a couple of times when TR captured Indar (before the capture rules were relaxed). Both NC and VS attacked TR for the sole reason of breaking the continent lock. What the Devs may need to do is to have it shown in game, 'very prominently' who has the most points; that might get players to attack the leading faction...simply because they have the most points. Its a natural thing for people to want to do.

The reason why it was important to break the Indar lock is because it was so difficult to capture back then, VS didn't want TR to have the bragging rights of holding Indar for longer than they held it, and although NC had never held Indar, we didn't want TR to hold it for longer than the Vanu because, well, we just dont like TR :)

It wont happen for current continent locks because they are meaningless and much easier to do than they used to be....Indar at least .
  20. Sovereign533

The problem is that for the 25% factions, the other 25% faction will actually provide good fights. And the overpopulated faction will provide crushing defeats due to overwhelming numbers.
    Guess what people will most likely go for? The good fight or getting buried?
    • Up x 1