Woodman performance degrading already

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Intruder313, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Intruder313

After being broken and under maintenance for a few hours today it finally came up about an hour ago.
    Already the performance is degrading with increasingly long stutters and lagwarps.

Is this server really that badly overpopulated at 1am GMT Xmas Eve or is there a fundamental problem with the hardware for this server?
  2. Hydragarium

Most likely the latter - or software.

Back at launch we had issues with a few of the launch servers - Woodman was spared most of it (the other EU launch server got the bulk of it). Quite possible that we are catching up to it (or an entirely new issue hit just us.)
  3. Veratu SOE

The server (from our perspective) is performing normally right now. Good chance the lag/warping you are seeing is your side/internet lag. Make sure if you have family who shares your internet that they aren't hogging up your bandwidth.

I was on Woodman a few minutes ago from the US and running through big battles I saw no issues.

And remember, torrent is the devil for gaming! :)
  4. Intruder313

I don't run anything else while I am gaming (barring the odd Skype or TS session) and certainly not torrents!
    Anyway it did normalize after my post until right now when it crashed out.

Anyway thanks for the reply Veratu.
  5. Somegeezer

I play on Woodman myself. No problems of the lag warp stuff since very early on after release. If you are doing nothing different yourself, and were getting good play before, I'd check your router is still functioning correctly, and that you are still getting a good signal if wireless. If all is fine on your end, I would check that your internet speed hasn't been throttled. A Google of Speedtest should bring it up as first option.