Winner of the weapon classes, by faction (By work/hour:)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WalrusJones, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalrusJones

So, now that I have access to the weapon statistics here, I have noticed distinct patterns amongst the factions.
    I am going to hand out medals to each factions weapon, judged on overall performance (statistically,) and overall work done (Across whole playerbase (To make starter weapons comparable.)

Best Starter weapons:
    NC.
    By a long shot.

Overall, their starter weapons get an overall AVERAGE hourly performance that is only about 25% worse then the top of the line guns of their faction: This is including the hoards of bambies who use the NC guns and never get the kill.

NC is definitely the faction that lives free of ever feeling the need to buy another gun (That isn't the carnage BR, which breaks the mold set by the other NC weapons of "Not being much better then the starter.")

Carbines (Used by ~35% of all troopers to die on the battlefield:)
    TR.

The Jaguar (#1) and the Lynx (#2) still hold the top, ever so slightly, over the competitors: The excellent Solstice SF is almost caught up with them though.

Note the third best carbine is a supposedly wimpy S weapon is one of THE top three carbines... And kills gotten with under-barrel attachments often times don't count for the weapon, on the players site. Which is where the statistics site draws its data, meaning that the Solstice SF may very well be the best carbine.

LMG:
    VS or NC.
    This is a close tie between the EM6, SV-88, an the NC-6.

The SV-88 is used by few, who use it well.

The NC6 only performs 20% worse, but has been used by a THIRD of the playerbase (Including bambis who never gave the game a chance past three lives,) and has gotten the most kills of ANY weapon in the game.

The EM6 is a hybrid of the two, with large population (And thus, more assumed bad players within it,) but still comparable performance to the SV-88.

Assault rifles:
    Clearly TR.

The T1, T1S, TAR, and TRV clearly dominate within their catagories. (SABR shows the highest number of headshots, and accuracy amongst the bunch, and is an honorable mention (I feel that most players using it are using it with terrible loadouts, regardless.))

The T1 has a third of the kills of the NC-6, and is the closest starter weapon to matching it in KPH.

The TAR is the top performing rifle, but due to its small population, better players are assumed to be using it.

The TRV has a large population, and holds the #2 slot firmly.

The T1S holds #4 slot in hourly performance, but holds the same disclaimer as the Solstice SF.

The Carnage BR is the only weapon that ends up being close to its TR AR opponents.

Sniper rifles:
    No semi auto snipers are on the list: Irrelevant.
    TR gets the honerary best snipers medal, with the RAM .50M, and SR-7 meeting in a tight grouping on the highs score board, despite... Being identical.

Scout/Battlerifles:
    VS, by a longshot.
    The only difference is a straight bullet path, so its obvious that they would win... But these weapons are just marginally better then starter weapons, statistically.

Submachine-guns.
    NC-VS tie: Blitz-GD10, Sirius SX-12

HEAVY WEAPONRY:
    NC.
    I doubt it, I haven't really been KILLED by the jackhammer, I certainly don't remember it. (In PS2, at least.)

MAX:
    Lets avoid the controversy of KDR VS KPH here.
    I mean, NC wins KPH by a long shot... But KDR is apparently a loss (Probably from exposure to C4.)

Pistols:
    VS
    The VS manticore, and TX2 emperor beat out all of the flashy high powered NC sidarms, and the TX1.

NS Technically holds the #2 slot over the emperor.

GLORY TO FLASHLIGHTS AND PLASMA.

Knifes:
    VS. Doing twice as well as the other empires knives.
    I don't know what this is indicative of....

I mean, Its just like the snipers: WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

Grenades:
    TR.
    You tell me what this means.

Last, but not least.

MAX AV:
    TR.
    Fractures...
    Hugely.
    (Not as good as loading out as an AI loadout, mind you.)
    • Up x 15
  2. Athessu

The only speculation I can offer to this is that knife performance is generally increased by hipfire accuracy and movement speed while aiming down sights (which I 'think' might be a VS sorta thing? I dunno, the orion at least seems to 'logic my backup'...kinda tired so probably wrong) You're more mobile and it's a thing you do more when 'you' move towards them into knife range rather than something most people learn to do reactively.
  3. gigastar

The Manticore (statistically speaking) lierally is a Mag-Shot with lower velocity.

Yet it apparently outperforms the Mag-Shot.

Hows that supposed to make sense?

Also, someones going to come along now and assume that the Force-Blade needs a nerf.
    • Up x 8
  4. Bankrotas

My mind is a bit boggled though. How do you judge something. It's just mind boggling.
  5. P4NJ

20 kills per hour on the Tomcats? I think you have some bugged statistics on that site...

But interesting =)

As for the knives, I do see a lot more VS CQC infiltrators than NC, perhaps they want to feel better about themselves by knifing people?

Also I'm waiting for noobs that think this is a nerf stuff thread =P
  6. freeze

easymode VS winning everything... to be expected
    • Up x 1
  7. WalrusJones

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantry/

I am using this, which bases its statistics on the players site, which is buggy, but the best we have.

This is from observing the statistics past just "What gets most kills hour (It still usually is these weapons,)" as some have large populations that pick up the weapon for cheap/free, which will drag the score down immensely.
  8. Vixxing

Knife explenation: If you give the VS something thats identical to the NC and TR they will use it roughly twice as well... (also only way VS is able to use a weapon without getting "nerf" yelled all over forums)
    • Up x 4
  9. Bavieca

I recently went away from my NC1 Guass Rifle to the NS11. I had used that starter weapon since the beginning of the game but something happened last month and it started firing very erratically. Now I have the NS11 and I have no idea why I stayed in that Guass Rifle so long (probably the 1 shot accuracy). Funny you should mention the jackhammer, most people do not realize that it's cone of fire got buffed after the release of those pump actions. It now has great accuracy from 8-30. No one shot kills, but 2 shots is good enough at that rate of fire. My only complaint is the semi auto doesn't actually speed it up, so a person with decent aim will typically waste that third shot. with a 10 round clip that waste is noticed.
  10. The King

It's because we know our weapons suck, so we have to use a knife in CQC. :D
    • Up x 1
  11. WalrusJones

TR are far better with snipers, and grenades.
    -One could argue that TR have a better aim, and understanding of ballistics.

NC perform far better with NS weapons then other factions.
    -One could argue that they are the strongest all around.
    -- One could also argue that they like their shotguns, as their pump action has the highest performance, but is statistically not at all different.

VS generally seem to have top performance with close range infiltrator weapons, scout rifles, and knives.

This is very typical: The NS weapons highest scores were all with NC.
    • Up x 1
  12. Chipay

I guess the knife and pistol can be explained by looking at the kinda-high fire rate and low magazine size of most VS weapons, meaning that we'll empty out our magazines way quicker and choose the knife and pistol way quicker.
    • Up x 3
  13. WalrusJones

This, combined with the increased proliferation of infiltrators probably explains it.

Similarly, TR weapons have long magazines that are good for shooting down random windows (And thus, getting people stuck in cover from bullets occupying the place they would want to occupy.)
    -Thus, sniper crossfire, and grenades are far more deadly for the TR.
  14. Bavieca

Please allow me to float this one out there-

NC like their shotguns, you don't say?

On a serious note, I would argue that the NS weapons favoritism might come from believing that NC weapons are below par (whether true or not), or they, like me actually favor a TR style of weapon (faster rof, lower damage) but play NC out of outfit loyalty.
    • Up x 2
  15. KodanBlack

I love running with my CQC Infiltrator loadout lately. Since then, I went from 7 knife kills to over 250. In my experience, this was due to the fact that I'll sneak up on someone, and begin shooting them with my SMG in the back. They notice and always seem to have the time to start turning around on me. So, I'll quickly pull the knife and dispatch the soldier before he or she can engage me.

The knife is also extremely useful now that I'm using the Eridani, which has 25 rounds in a magazine (I like the advanced laser too much to give it up). I find that I'm pulling it in close-up face to face fights, after I've run out of ammo. Obviously, if I'm back a bit, I'll pull my Manticore.
  16. Goretzu

The KDR is interesting.
    Also all NC AI weapon are slowly dropping with time (remember this has pre-nerf data in it) where as all TR and VS MAX AI weapons are currently slowly increasing (in the top 11 at least).

This puzzles me.

If you look at the data the JH has the lowest total number of kills and total usage time by a long way, but the KPH is high. I can only think that there's a very small number of very dedicated (and likely skilled) people using the JH in very specific circumstances.
  17. KAHR-Alpha

Isn't the VS cloak much more silent than the TR/NC ones?
  18. Morti

I don't get why people hate the Jackhammer. It has probably the best CoF of any shotty (haven't tried them all yet, do correct me if you know otherwise), has an incredibly fast reload speed with 1 remaining shell and looks awesome to boot.

If you want to get all up in peoples faces, yeah, use a PA. The Jackhammer however does much better at putting shells down range than a PA.
  19. metrotw

I see the jackhammer in use on mattherson all the time, especially around tower fights.
  20. metrotw

I see the jackhammer in use on mattherson all the time, especially around tower fights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.