Windows 8 more errors...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Touja, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Touja

I am post this thread in question to the lastest patch that has created a wonderful new problem for me to deal with.

Frist up this thread is not about a discussion on why Windows 8 needs to be reinstalled and how i should downgrade to Windows "blah blah bla"

The problem I am encoutering is with the dinput8.dll file that "used to work". Correct that fix that let me play the game with everything plugged in stopped working.

Yes the problem is after the last 2gig patch and update this trick no longer works for me instead it fatal errors and crashes my whole computer if I try to log into the game.

Iif i disconnect all my usb devices the game will wont boot, and if it does it again crashes my whole computer at 98% or when i die/relocate and such.

3rd random bit of input,
    the Dev edition for Windows 8 does not have this problem at all, tried this on a fresh install of Dev windows 8 to see what would happen. SO this means there is something missing in the Pro edition of Windows 8? who knows i will have to look into that more.

Next up I have installed the game 3 times via normal means and purged PS2 from the reg. before reinstalling it. None of these installs had any better luck

Steam install also no luck 3 installs via steam and 3 failed attempts.

I have the latest drives of Directx, I have tried the beta and basic drives for my graphics card to see if that was causing any problems.

Also swaped motherboards and processor from and AM3 Propus to a AM3+ Zambezi
    specs for both set ups that did not work running Windows 8 Pro.

Setup 1:
    Mainboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
    AM3+ 8120 eight core 3422.84mhz
    32GB DDR3 Ram
    Radeon HD 5870

Setup 2:
    Mainboard MSI NF980-G65
    AM3 Propus 2833.62mhz overclocked to 3024.08mhz
    12GB DDR3 Ram
    Radeon HD 5870

Usb Devices:
    Razer Nostromo [gamepad]
    Raver Ouroboros [mouse]
    Logitech Wave [keyboard]
    Wacom Intuos 4L [tablet]
    Logitech HD C310 [webcam]
    [NOTE ALL DEVICES WERE UNPLUGED ASIDE FROM MOUSE AND KEYBOARD]

is anyone else encountering this same problem after the patch?

[[ill update after i do a reformat of windows 8 pro and try another clean install of the game. ]]
  2. Thundermuffin

I'm just downloading that 2gig patch now on win 8 pro, lets see if i get the same issue...
  3. Touja

seems i missed posting Zambezi after Setup 1's processor <.<
  4. Thundermuffin

Working fine on my i5 system, but after installing the patch i get ##ui everywhere :( (eg. ##ui menu, ##ui character, when i voice command it just has ##ui (number here), maybe it's cause i've booted from a separate drive
  5. Touja

i think that ui fix is just to change the language of the launcher to another langage then back to english..
    if i remember correctly.
  6. Mansen

This is what people keep suggesting at least - Haven't had the issue myself so I can't vouch for it. But you should try to switch languages back and forth and restart the launcher.