Will I miss the Anchor when I switch to the EM-6?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 6, 2015.

1. DashRendar

Just about finishing up my Aurax run with the Anchor, and afterward, it's EM-6 time. I didn't like the Anchor at all at first, but now I'm really getting into a groove with it and frankly I'm absolutely beasting with it lately. Getting hate tells at a rate of at least once per night lol. I missed the SAW once I put it down, so I'm wondering if I'm going to miss the Anchor as well. I've read many people say that the Anchor is NCs best LMG, so is everything downhill from here? Right off I notice the EM-6 doesn't have softpoint ammo, with a slower velocity, and longer reloads all around, frankly I don't see any improvement in handling either.

I think I'll miss softpoint ammo the most, definitely fits my close range headshot playstyle to a T. And yes, I'm BR100, but the EM-6 has been changed quite a bit since I've used it last, so I'm asking how it is playing these days.
  2. hostilechild

Its ok. i rarely go to it unless we are holding an area where magazine capacity matters. Otherwise its always anchor for me since auraxium all of them. (or cyclone)
    • Up x 1
  3. DashRendar

Yeah, that's mostly what I thought. Nerfed everything else because 100 shots per mag.
  4. ShineOut

When I'm on NC anchor is my go to. The EM6 is nice gun, but if you enjoy the anchor more just aurax it and trash it.
  5. NinjaTurtle

If you like the Anchor you could switch to the GD-22s it is an almost carbon copy and is a very nice gun
    • Up x 2
  6. qquqq

the anchor and the em6 are too differnt is like picking up a sniper,
    you should have done the em6 after the saw.
    the anchor is second in kills per hour only to Betelegeuse
    so ya you might not like the em6 as much but the dps is actually higher than the saw, accuracy is comparible at range, and the recoil is far more manageable,
  7. Prudentia

was the em6 the 100round 167 damage LMG with the option for extended mags?
    if so, equip ext mags and don't miss the Anchor because you basicly have a weapon with heat mechanic at that point, only without the unlimited ammo art, so you'll be fine for the first 10 minutes after your last resupply
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

there must be way to do directives from worth guns to best Gauss SAW > EM1 > EM6 > GD-22S > Anchor
  9. ronjahn

EM6 is the best NC LMG imo. I think either it or the GD22 should be moved to the starter NC LMG.

I like it more than the Anchor personally because it doesn't have that weird recoil pattern, while also having more ammo and range.

At the worst you don't enjoy it but will still plow through the auraxium, and at best you'll be extremely pleased with the performance of the gun and have found a new LMG for your rotations. I use Grip and Compensator, while bypassing any ammo upgrades(not even sure if available)

It can be used like a more manueverable Saw that you can shoot in much longer bursts. Good luck and let us know what you think after some use.
    • Up x 1
  10. omfgweeee

Many says Anchor is best NC LMG but my list goes like this

Gd22s>saw>em6>anchor=saw s>em1