Why.... Why is that even an option?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Centurious, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Centurious

You sir are correct. There is sot much control coming from Big Brother Government and them telling us what we can and can't do with our explosives. Me not being able to plant c4 under your bed is just to much control for me. I mean come on, why not let me plant some tank mines at our home base just outside of the v term.I mean why is that a rule.

Obviously this is sarcasm. Due to the fact that you are comparing what I do to others (which is kinda unfair and making it suck for others), to the people who just die due to lack of experience and complaining about it.

What. It doesn't suck when a light assault with maxed glide, jumps off a bio lab and floats around for 12 minutes looking to land on a target. And you in a tank with max radar can't see him regardless of what you do.

I love doing that, but the person get pissed and rage quits.

In short, don't be me. Im that guy people hate and report all the time. I leave the group and let them be my decoys while I mine the bridge just at the crack so even with a mod you can't see them. EVEN if you took five minutes to check. BAHHHH your right to much government.
  2. Centurious

You are perfectly correct good man, women, person. It does suck when people snipe you when you are at a v term. They should put up a wall like they have at many bases to prevent this.Or maybe make it easier at the v pad so you don't have to go though 54 skins to match the color of the dam dirt you are playing on. Again I love when people stand there. Doesn't mean it should even be an option.

You are correct why not remove the fall damage, other games have and its only made the game better. Hell, a double jump would b great. I mean its better then a mouse farting on your max and blow up, only later to "complain about it" here and people say you should have check for mice for at least five minutes.

Also, altering a quote is not quoting. Stop, bad. I am simply pointing out something that should be changed. Others would agree if they didn't already quit. Or wait they have and most of the time they come out with an update and "fix" the problem. Or dare I say "fix a bug" in the game.

"By your reasoning every death in the game can be blamed on the developers" YES my god this isn't real life. Please stop confusing it with that. If my in game toon dies, walk, talks, or breaks wind its the devs programming that made it happen. This argument make absolutely no sense. The in game rules of life are dictated by the devs. If my options are , play fair, play fair, play fair, camp snipe farm and piss people off then ill go with option seven. If not the people who make the game then who. The person who finds and exploit and uses it. Is it his fault that its there? No, you may think it is becasue basic social (in game) ethics tell us its not in the greater good for everyone, so he or she must be in the wrong. Is it wrong you use tax loopholes to not pay tax's yes, ethically, but who fault is it that the loophole is there. Not the tax payers.

"Fall off a biolab jumpad and die? Damn those devs for not removing fall damage!" Why do people do this. Comparing an apple with a used tooth pick and calling that proof to their argument. I feel like the person who says these things is like al gore in south parl, where you don't understand why others do not take you super cereal.
  3. customer548

That sounds as a cool idea. It would be deployed by Engis. It may also be a destructible thing. Engis would be able to repair it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Centurious

Ok, let me clear the air from those who are using one word of five hundred and making and argument of it.

This is not a bug, the devs are not at fualt for anything ingame, they are as of now faultless, I am simply pointing out from the perspective of the farmer (who does bad things) that these things, should not be an option. If everyone disagrees, great. More kills for me.

Remember my name becasue at some point ill be "that guy" when you try and pull a tank and so help me if you post here "complaining" I'll just say , "you should have checked the cross wind and the speed at which the bird droppings drop, for a minimum of five seconds before coming here to complain about how much better I am compared to you."

Feww ok. Have a great day all see you in game.

Lesson learned never be a nice guy.
  5. Moridin6

check if you can, pull off the main road asap, and if you still get popped then you should be able to pull the next one just fine ;) if not you need to be clearing enemy from your base anyway. step your game up
  6. Silkensmooth

Agreed tank mines are stupid and lame. OHK from one or two button presses. No aiming required. It doesnt make sense.
  7. cobaltlightning

Engineer is my favourite class, and I see Mines as a more defensive option. Perhaps those engineers that blew you up as you were pulling your vehicle were saving their own friends from the hell you could cause with your prowler or what have yous. It's a prevention tactic, and a valid one, at that.

Just like LAs with their C4, and them stalker Infils able to take down heavies with an ambush, Engies took the time and risk to set this up, and again took advantage of the victim's lack of awareness. Their reward for their setup and luck is your death in twisted metal. I have been on all three ends of an engineer's tank mines right at the vehicle terminal (I done so, had it happen to me, and watched other people fall to it)

Would you rather die to a sniper bullet and have no explosion what-so-ever? If the answer is yes, you are not human because all humans like explosions.
    • Up x 1
  8. Silkensmooth

Cheeze is clearly very popular in this game or there wouldnt be so much of it.

So many things that obviously dont belong in a competitive fps.
  9. cobaltlightning

This aint your Call o' Duties or Battlefield 64, this is all out war.

There is no match, there are only battles. And just because a base is taken does not mean the battle ends then and there; more often than not, you will be fighting tooth and nail to defend the biolab you have just taken.
    • Up x 1
  10. GhostAvatar

Funny thing is, they put that no deploy zone in to prevent this... and failed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

It can certainly be a pain, but at least you can check (although they'll get you the one time you forget to check :D ).

Personally I tend to find being sniper camped at a terminal worse, because as fast as you can be, even if you crouch and tuck in behind the terminal, there's aways enough time where you're stationary for a very easy headshot kill that you can't do anything to avoid.

That works both ways, if you know there's a hacking inf about, carefully place your mines and hop in a turret, it is a bit like fishing. :)
  12. Crator

Why is it an option? Because this is an open world game. If they restricted the option (and in a way they do by not allowing you to put it directly on the v-pad) to where you couldn't place it anywhere near the v-pad that would be wrong and break immersion and tactics. And it isn't always easy to even pull this off therefore it doesn't happen all the time.

It's really not that big of a deal to be honest. It doesn't happen often enough to matter. If you get butt-hurt by this then how are you dealing with the many other times you get killed? Get used to being killed in this game, it's all part of it.
    • Up x 1
  13. LordAnnihilator

Alternatively, if the ANT implementation goes ahead and the Devs DON'T Insta-F**k It up, it could be an ANT deployable. You could place them at major exits, forcing enemies to potentially run into a tank in the active base to lay their mines.
  14. FieldMarshall

Its possible to Q spot the vehicle pad exit to see if there are mines there. Yes, even through walls.
    You dont even have to move from the terminal.

You would have to spend 2 seconds to move your mouse and press Q though, so it may be too much effort.
    • Up x 3
  15. LordAnnihilator

Oh. MY. GAWD!!1!!11! TWO WHOLE SECONDS! ASKFGL
    I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR THAT! I NEED MY FLASH, LIKE, RIGHT NOW BRUH!
    (On a serious note, thanks for the tip.)
    • Up x 4
  16. Moridin6

theres a reason organized, Intelligent, outfits have someone go ahead of the column in a flash..
    and if you think its cake walk strutting up to the enemy base and tossing mines youre very wrong, i mean sometimes it is because people are dumb, but often you get spotted, run over by an emerging tank, or you mines get shot while youre still on them. its a valid tactic and one thats far easier to counter than many other things.
    learn2play
    • Up x 2
  17. LordAnnihilator

You've just offended the majority of armour squads I've ever seen. Congrats.
    It's much more effective to slap that poor sod in a flash on a gun in the main column, or get him to pull the much better harasser. Since when has anyone ever been strapped for nanites, except if you're attempting to pull something after a MAX followed by Multiple high cost vehicles?
    Plus, the flash is so small, he'd probably miss most mines laid on the road. Harasser also has a small chance of survival, with higher speed and health. Flash is only good for cheap cheese.
    Also, you'd be surprised what people can miss if a MBT is at your door. Also, tank mines persist after death, so there's no reason not to try again. You should still Q spot for them regardless. 2 seconds IS THE END OF THE WORLD! AGRADFISUCNWODJENDKWODMSNFISSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  18. DeadlyPeanutt

oh, please don't do that! as an engie main, you make me chuckle when I'm defending a point and I get a lightning kill (or whatever) and a bonus for being a marksman!
    and please don't check the vpad for mines when you cap a base and immediately pull a sundie!!
  19. DeadlyPeanutt

almost as senseless as an HA having twice my health as an engie and a OHK rocket launcher, or a lib being able to spam armor, or a tank spamming doorways for OHKs

there is a lot of senseless stuff in this game, sigh, sigh, sigh
  20. Meeka

You can, actually, hop out of the vehicle before hitting mines. I do it all the time when I forget to check for them. :p

Also, not hard to do a cursory check for mines in front of vehicle pads.