Why? Why do u have to deploy a Sunderer inside of a tower base?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tamama, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Actually, it is good. It allows instant access to the lower vehicle spawns helping control the lower lifts up to the landing pads, and helps avoid getting spawn camped when they have more presence in the lab itself.

But yes, you need to be careful where you select to spawn.... if it considered vertical distance as well as horizontal... it wouldn't do that :\
  2. BlackbookPS

The only Sunderer that should ever be there is an Ammo Sundy and a quicker safer spawn for potential vehicle drivers.

Getting ammo is a pain while the bio lab is under attack, therefore this is a prime use of an Ammo Sundy.

Never block the teleporter though!

Sunderers at Towers are necessary to speed up respawn timers, otherwise the attackers will overpower you.

You will get shafted losing your Towers in game.

They also allow easy cross map deployment due to the available in range sunderer list
  3. BlackbookPS

As soon as the SCU Shields are down then the basement Sundy can be attacked.

It is usually blown up straight after the first genny goes down
    • Up x 1
  4. LynxFury

I'm actually glad that units do this. It cuts back on spawn camping, time traveled by the tunnels (that are often times also being camped), and a quicker way to get to higher parts of the base. It's one of the first things I ask for or do myself while defending large bases.

And no, base spawn points are one of the main problems of this game and has been a focus of player gripes and development team changes since Beta; it also discourages team play. A better meta game would be to give all defending player spawn points (beacon, squad leader, sundies), a faster spawn cool off while they hold the base--leaving the spawn room as a rather slow spawn point of last resort.
  5. Tanatos

I am rather new to the game and MFPS in general, but about 1 day into the game when I was standing and shooting console in AMP Station, some dude from my faction TKed me, and PMed me, explaining that you need to cap them. It was a harsh lesson, but I'm glad it was taught. Same with your sundies, just blow them the f*ck up, what the problem? /y the reason if you want to contribute to the learning curve of the new player base. This is my opinion on the matter :)
  6. Bill Hicks

Horrible base design.
  7. EWarren

Sundies shouldn't be parked in a tower, but the original argument about deployed Sundy blocking a viable tank repair spot is deeply flawed - inside a tower is the last place one would want to repair a tank.
    • Up x 1
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I like those better than coming out of the spawn room.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Sure, if you want C4 shoved up your ***.
  10. Tanatos

Sorry, I didn't get it
  11. Syrathin

Lately I've stopped using my sundy, No matter where you park it you've always got someone telling you to move it. And when it doesn't get blown up by one of your own team so they can move their sundy in, It gets taken down by the enemy because no one wants to defend it.
    It just isn't worth it, You hang back to protect it and get only a tiny bit of the xp you would have for actually getting into the fight.

As for the OP, It depends on how many tanks are currently at the base. If it's mostly infantry then having the sundy up can be a pretty solid advantage. And given the size of the bases you can have maybe what 2-4 tanks inside the base at most? Faster spawning infantry will likely serve the defense better than a couple tanks but that's just my opinion.
  12. ent|ty

I agree. A sundie in the right spot to offer an alternate spawn point to aid defense of a base helps a lot though.
    Well, we cant really do that now with walls and such... but it USED to be helpful, especially if the attacker didn't realize we had one and they get flanked as they cap the main spawn.