[Suggestion] Why TR Connery doesn't participate in Alerts.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheChippewa, Jun 25, 2014.

1. TheChippewa

It takes a special kind of player to be loyal to the TR. The TR specific vehicles move faster which promotes solo play. Magazine sizes are larger along with Ammo capacities which also promote solo play. TR is mostly under populated which promotes solo play in the regards that there are plenty of targets for a player to destroy. This last reason is the biggest as to why TR doesn't really have the burning need to participate in alerts.

If you play VS on connery you'll have a need for the Alerts it's one of the only ways for the VS as a whole to get any kind of XP. They move in zergs mainly because all their vehicles are snail slow. The zerg is so packed that if a single enemy appears on radar they all move desperately to kill it. It's extremely comical.

NC on connery needs the alerts but doesn't stand any kind of chance against the VS so they just end up trying to fight small pockets of TR this is also comical.

The Alert system is broken and has been from the start at least on connery hopefully the up coming changes will help remedy the tightly packed VS zergs that stumble and slam into each other because there is one little enemy blip on the map.
  2. CEGrif

biolab alerts ruined alerts for me
  3. lawn gnome

most of the time when i log on VS has the lowest pop percentage. there are times when we are just able to break even with NC. as for alerts, most of the ones i have been part of the VS lost (and by a pretty hefty margin). most of the time i just see NC winning.

as for the overall alert ranking my experience tells me that NC win the most with VS a distant second and the TR are third with something close to zero wins. it probably varies throughout the day though.

your comments about our angry slug force were highly entertaining, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY MAKE ALL OF THE NC AND TR TANKS EVEN FASTER AND MORE MANEUVERABLE!!!.
  4. MarvinGardens

I usually play late night and that time is VS time. Plus whenever there's an Alert I suspect all the "TR" players switch to VS and VS steamrolls the Alert, with a 50%+ population.
  5. PWGuy93

Opinion

TR when coordinated are highly effective just like any faction, usually when Friday Night Ops happens to pick TR that night.

From the enemy view of TR players they just pick the wrong fight in the wrong hex and lose ground where they could/should have been fighting then throw everything they have at it by players that haven't specced into those roles e.g. two dozen esf flying straight to use their nose guns against ground forces isn't exactly seasoned play...

My suggestion, peel off some of the merged server folks from Emerald now during their anxiety phase get some name brand leaders to drive the fights and you should be rockin.
  6. hipidipiwthrman

TR does not participate in alerts because it has been corrupted by a culture that lacks pride. they have accepted defeat as a given - and they call every even fight a lost cause. They would rather lose on a continent with no alert (i can maybe understand if you were winning there at least) - than lose TRYING to win the alert. If you guys want to bring TR back from this sad state - join the squads that are at least trying to WIN- abandon these unworthy outfits that talk big but play like mice avoiding the cats. If there is an alert, i will ALWAYS be trying to win - no matter what the odds. I will just continue to believe that there will be others on TR that never get used to the feeling of defeat.