[BUG] Why the hell do NC VANGUARD continues 1hitting my ESF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 1wasawa, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Pelojian

I've always felt that aircraft are too powerful in skilled hands an yet aircraft are still powerful against tanks in skilled hands and AA is UP given a direct cost counter to ESF is a skyguard and the ESF still wins easily. my point? the three way balance is broken and has been broken even more badly by infantryside whiners and aircraft elitists asking for tanks to be nerfed after nerf.

when 1) infantry are the prime farmer of infantry and 2) if anything is too powerful against their direct counters it's aircraft.

If i encounter a newbie ESF pilot and he doesn't have enough experience to see where i can hit him with AP from my vanguard if he hovers and i manage to kill him, he should learn from his death there's more to experience then experience points.

If a pilot knows where tanks can hit him and hovers over that area where he cant get hit there is nothing the driver can do unless they have an AA gun on top of their tank to tell the aircraft to get lost. (it is always amusing to me when someone masters this but STILL only had the default nosegun, i can out repair his damage easy if he cant shoot infantry worth a damn)

Yet if you change the subject matter from ESF vs Vanguard to ESF vs ESF or ESF vs other air it's 'learn to play, here's some tips' yet with tanks it's 'learn to play, here some tips, i think tanks should be nerfed again.'
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

But what if you're a heavy assault and round a corner to see 6 light assaults aiming straight at you?

Should infantry be given a means to survive a 6v1 encounter like that too? At least the ESF can decide to avoid such a coordinated tank pack like that, or bring friends to make it more even.
    • Up x 4
  3. Pelojian

Just last night i was in a vanguard moving to flank an enemy sundie under a bridge and came across three vulcan harrasser they melted my shield down and filled me full of holes in no time flat and you know what? i wasn't even mad about it no way 1/2 vanguard could beat three vulcans at close range.

later on i got some sort of payback was gunning for a inexperienced vanguard driver two vulcan harassers popped up, since the driver wasn't experienced he didn't check his map frequently enough and spot them coming for us. they were easily able to get him from behind we killed both of the harrassers but were destroyed by them at the same time.
  4. iller

ESF's have a pitiful amount of hitpoints. The Vanguard 1-hitting them is no surprise nor should it change. It's a very long reload Cannon on a very slow-accelerating chasis that's almost impossible to get up steep ridges where potshotting Aircraft is most ideal

Low HP is actually why I find flying ESF's so engaging for some reason. I feel like 90% of my role is simply just staying alive and dodging shots. The instant I hit any Tank in the bakcside with ANYTHING, even a pitiful Vortek, they get all salty and completely ignore the LA's and MAX suits creeping up on their position ....especially Prowlers!! OMG wtf is wrong with Prowler drivers? They all need to be put on Adderall or something
  5. JohnGalt36

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. JohnGalt36

You are suggesting that a 350-nanite ESF should be able to survive FOUR 450-NANITE MAIN BATTLE TANKS.
    You do realize that you are making a crazy point, right? ESF's are not a hard counter to MBT's. For the love of jeebus, does everything in this game have to be able to destroy tanks with ease?
    You can:
    • Pull a Tankbuster Liberator and shred a tank in four seconds
    • Pull an AP tank yourself
    • Avoid fighting four MBT's at a time in an ESF
    • Get some friends
    • C4 the tank from a magic jetpack
    • Get a group of engis to AV turret it to death
    • Get heavies to harass it with rockets to death
    • Lay down tank mines
    • If you play VS, use those stupid laser AV launchers that shred armor from render distance
    • Shoot at the tank in an ESF from really far away, pressing space and ctrl alternately
    • Any number of other ways this game has to deal with tanks
    Why on Auraxis does every class and vehicle need a way to dominate tanks? It seems to be the ultimate goal of both the skynights and infantryside. Y'all should tank more.
    • Up x 1
  7. Imp C Bravo

Tank. Giant heavy cannon.

ESF. Jet/Heli hybrid.

Why WOULDN'T you get 1 shotted?
    • Up x 1
  8. Konstantinn

• Up x 1
  9. Geddes

Troll

olololol
  10. AlterEgo

XD?
    If anything, ALL tank cannons that are not HE and all dumbfire rockets (except for the lock-ons) should be able to OHK aircraft. The fact that landing a shot on an aircraft as a Magrider or with the starter RLs doesn't kill it instantly is ridiculous.
  11. SW0V

OP title and post... made my day.

I needed a good laugh. Thanks man.

Especially the ' [bug] '.
  12. JohnGalt36

For more lulz, here is another post from this same fellow about AA being too "strong."
  13. Nabtwat

Yes you should attack from 90 degrees above, but what if there are other tanks behind ... or what if there are 100 HA with lockons, clearly can not kill all of them ... but only half of them ... so esf is bad? Srsly?

A2G (air to ground) is OP in this game, if anything, should be nerfed across the board and from all the sides, and its the AA weapons like skyguard which rly needs a buff.
  14. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    even sisko facepalms
    • Up x 2
  15. Pointyguide2

oh those poor esf i have one shoted. a moment of silence for them:(

and quite a few of them were traveling at max speeds also
  16. crusaderx11

that would leave the prowler and vanguard completely at the mercy of magriders since they can perch on top of mountains and fire down on them without retaliation
  17. Sh4n4yn4y

I am an ESF pilot, and I am willing to jump in here to say that ESFs are in NO way underpowered. Their ttk on a Vanguard may be a bit longer than one shot AP rounds, but if a tank hits you with their main gun, they deserve the kill, and you deserve to die.

Half the reason an ESF is overpowered is because of it's manoeuvrability. You can attack from angles they can't hit you. Common sense is to use those angles.

Don't complain about tanks shooting us down. Simply GIT GUD NUB.
    • Up x 1
  18. asmodraxus

The reason why is simple

ITS MEANT TOO

Its not just the Vanguard either, AP Mag will instagib an ESF, and if you get hit by a mag well :oops:
    Its only the Prowler and Lightning that don't, but then a Prowler will have another shot on the way, and the Lightning AP round will set an ESF on fire in the red.

No simple question what do tank rounds do to aircraft in the real world?
  19. Ronin Oni

is OP actually serious?

lmfao

git gud scrub.

I don't usually say that, but holy hell that applies to you if this isn't a troll post.

This must be a troll post.

It HAS to be, right?

Nobody can be THAT dumb...

who am I kiddin :oops:

(BTW: I am, or... was, an ESF pilot. ESF's ARE hardcounters to tanks if you're not an idiot... just not a hardcounter as a solo 1 man ESF against a full squad of 2/2 MBTs)
  20. LordMcZee

This can't be serious...