Why the hell can't THE NSO MAX use NSO MAX weapons??!!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Blackinvictus, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Blackinvictus

I do enjoy the Defector for the niche times I can pull him, (and the limited times I can activate that shield for people!) and would pull it more if I had the utility that other Max/s have. I realize they are not quite as much of a MAX as the others and designed like that, but maybe a one weapon option? I'd love to be able to equip one burster even, that would be a vast improvement. Could be missing an entire point about the class though, so eager to hear.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

because NSO is a forgotten unfinished mess.

the NSO max could have been something epic like Ymir mechs from Mass Effect
    [IMG]
    but Doku quit and DBG couldn't be bothered hiring anyone to actually create something new,
    so they just took the default NSO body, glued a few assets to it and pretended it was a new unit.
    and hey lets make it only "throw" grenades so we don't need to make new weapon models...

imho NSO needs a 2.0 rework,
    finish the defectors (throw as much cash at doku as it takes to get him to create an actual NSO max unit),
    finish the javelin, create a unique flying unit instead of an ESF.
    maybe even come up with an empire specific (NSO only) heavy weapon and some harasser topguns.
    • Up x 1
  3. Desann

the grenades are nice, but I agree, let us use bursters and the NS machine guns!