[BUG] Why the cloak nerf Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dominicinator, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Dominicinator

Alright... this is strange... people can now see me with 1Xs from 50+ meters... many of the people I've encountered are relatively low BR...
    What's up?
    I've also been killed several times in deep cloak (Abnormally, in places where I'd normally never be found. (Crouching, standing still, and cloaking), without a flashlight.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dragonsbane777

I am only BR 36, but I have been playing about two months and I almost always see those cloakers when I am LOOKING. I attest this to my conscious searching while playing Crysis and Crysis Wars, although I am unaware of any changes. TBH I think the cloak is pretty fair, and I play as Infil so it isn't a one-sided opinion.

As a side note, I find "deep cloak" (cloaked, crouched, and not moving) one of the easiest targets since the cloaker is immobile. People who do this might want to rethink it.
  3. MisterSlim

I've heard buzz about the non-deep cloaking helmet bug reappearing. I often times hear veterans saying how 'easy' it is to spot a deep-cloaked stalker, but in reality, I've found that this is VERY rare.

The vast majority of my deaths as a Stalker have been my fault, either by moving at the wrong time, looking in the wrong angle at the wrong time, or picking an obvious hiding spot. A skilled player can still shoot you without ever seeing you, because he is going to look with his firearm. Corners, by crates, on top of capture points, and in doorways/stairways. These places will be blasted immediately, so make sure you're in none of those places. Also, since the clipping thing is still buggy, picking a spot in the middle of a room is unreliable, since you have no idea whether the player that just ran through you actually felt it or not. Also, beware cloakers with a close-range loadout, as they often run Nade Bandoiler with EMPs, which are bound to ruin your day.

In short, the reasons I die as a Stalker are summed up in this order:
    -I screwed up: 80%
    -My teammates insist upon running me over with vehicles: 10%
    -My opponent steps on me, turns around, and slaughters me: 7%
    -The cloak is bugged at that moment, and I appear to be an obvious blob of anti-ninja: 2%
    -I fall through the ground: .8%
    -I am legitimately seen by my opponent, without using a flashlight (or a laser), and a reasonable distance away: .2%

Stay Fr0sty
    • Up x 2
  4. DK22

sight and sound. Can't say as I've ever seen your 'bug' though.
  5. giltwist

Soo... don't be in a corner, don't be in the middle...just stay outside the base entirely.
  6. Lucidius134

For me, if I hear them near by and i stop moving and ADS i can often times see them moving but it's with 100% focus pretty much. I'm sure it's a lot easier for people w/ functional eyes.

As for stalker cloaking, keep in mind that there's atleast a half a second delay between where you are on your screen and where you are on their screen and another delay for deep cloak. Almost gotta stop 2 seconds before a risk of being spotted.
  7. MisterSlim

Situational awareness allows you to break any of the rules of positioning. If you are watching those that are looking for you, and staying a step ahead, then you are free to sit in any corner of any building you please. But, this proves difficult in larger scale fights, as watching all your opponents may be nigh impossible, so stay on your toes, and be ready to play the 'strategic withdrawal tactic' (run away).

Indoor stalking is a difficult thing, as mobility is highly restricted, and hiding places are super limited. In 90% of rooms, a single EMP is enough to light you up like a crouched Christmas tree. It takes a creative fellow to stalk successfully indoors, and a fellow that can maintain that balance of staying mobile and staying patient, which as a stalker, is not optional. Also, enemies with lasers are as big a threat as enemies with flashlights (if they are skilled), as deep cloaked stalkers distort the laser, and it is a very visible distortion.

Larger base complex (Amp Stations, Tech Plants, etc) and outdoor stalking however, is relatively easy by comparison. There are tons of ways to let your mind explore. (Rule #1 of Planetside: NEVER trust a shrub.) I could fill a book with places from which to wreak unseen havoc outdoors. Stalkers really shine outside, and I wish we could shine more indoors (and don't get me wrong, stalkers have their moments of awesomeness indoors too, but they are far fewer), but they seem to be an outdoorsy people xD.

-Stay Fr0sty
    • Up x 1
  8. MarkAntony

frankly ever since the cloaking "pass" (its a nerf) the cloak is really easy to see. Before I could hardly see my own character in deep cloak. now i can see myself very easily. and lets not even talk about crouch walking. that is as visible as sprinting used to be. We need another pass. Infiltrators should not be easily visible at 50+ meters even when sprinting.it is effed up.
  9. Liewec123

it still rare imho,
    my last play session (a couple of days ago) i actually had someone bump in to me and carry on running :p
    i also find it hard to spot other deep cloak infils, most of the time i kill them because they're (like MisterSlim said) sitting in the most obvious spot around :p
    -Contested-
    "oh?" *shoot corner*
    dead infiltrator :p
  10. Drowingpool

MisterSlim dropping knowledge!!!

"Also, beware cloakers with a close-range loadout, as they often run Nade Bandoiler with EMPs, which are bound to ruin your day.

In short, the reasons I die as a Stalker are summed up in this order:
    -I screwed up: 80%
    -My teammates insist upon running me over with vehicles: 10%
    -My opponent steps on me, turns around, and slaughters me: 7%
    -The cloak is bugged at that moment, and I appear to be an obvious blob of anti-ninja: 2%
    -I fall through the ground: .8%
    -I am legitimately seen by my opponent, without using a flashlight (or a laser), and a reasonable distance away: .2%"

and

" Indoor stalking is a difficult thing, as mobility is highly restricted, and hiding places are super limited. In 90% of rooms, a single EMP is enough to light you up like a crouched Christmas tree. It takes a creative fellow to stalk successfully indoors, and a fellow that can maintain that balance of staying mobile and staying patient, which as a stalker, is not optional. Also, enemies with lasers are as big a threat as enemies with flashlights (if they are skilled), as deep cloaked stalkers distort the laser, and it is a very visible distortion."

You rock man.. I have been playing on and off for 2 years, and I never even thought about the lazor sight thing, I don't play stalker much at all though..

You have my beans sir LOL
    • Up x 1
  11. MisterSlim

I might have missed a few things, as I'm a more long-range player (one of two to reach 5000 kills on the Parsec, so that tells you I'm a major bolt-baby xD). But in my experience (for the love of God, talk to CuteBeaver about stalking! She wreaks some serious havoc!!), those are just a handful of things I've noticed.

That's how we roll in the VS, enlightnin' peeps and such xD. Thanks for the kind words! You're a pretty Fr0sty fellow!

-Stay Fr0sty
  12. CuteBeaver

Lag compensation:

Also keep in mind your opponent will see your player location a brief moment prior to where you actually are at any time. So if your getting into position and an enemy turns the corner as your concealing yourself in deep cloak. BAIL. Chances are hes turned the corner sooner then you think, and was looking your direction before your game client updated to show him turning the corner. Hes also going to see your character assume the position coated in Vaseline... Not to mention if your waiting for cloaking status to shift to deep cloak for an additional second situations like this will be all too common.
  13. Biddion

Another thread complaining about cloak.
    Everything you do appears differently on your screen as well as your opponents. Deep cloak takes a while longer to activate on their screen. Your foot steps make sound and some flooring makes more sound than others. If you want to stalk, keep all these in mind.

As a stalker, I agree that a majority of my kills are just outside bases. To address the above about stalking indoors, I find success with height advantages. Inside the building is tough, yes, but jumping off the top of one, behind an enemy who is just entering the door, is a common tactic I employ. There are ledges and rocks everywhere. Use them. Motion sensor will tell you when to make your move.

My load out as a stalker always has safe landing and 4 emps. I use medical kits, not claymores, because I am focusing on pistol kills.
  14. Drowingpool

is 3400 something headshots with my longshot ok? I was a sniper for so long..... There is a Darkside, indeed though , the minute i started running SMG's and now with the EMP 4.. Oh Lawd....

I Have been on standown since RL ****e, and just DLed the patch..

See you all soon.. /smile

Drow..
  15. PanzerGoddess

nice thread, good points. Still going with awareness. Knowing what to use and how to use it is one thing, however having personal and buddy awareness is what will keep you alive. The military teaches you that. Same tactic you can use in game. If your alone you then rely on your own personal awareness and skills. <--Remember that, its not skills and awareness, its awareness and skills. Having great awareness will net you great skills fyi.

"Situational awareness allows you to break any of the rules of positioning"

I solo play, but I have great awareness of my own faction including myself at all times. Learning how to aim and what to use comes second, or as I say second nature.

You may be the best shooter in the world yet if your standing on top of a hill with no cover with ten enemies staring at you....there is a great probable chance you will die, as well possibly die without doing any killing yourself.

"Skill means nothing if you don't know what is going on around you"

The art of war
  16. Moonheart

Alas, I just come to the forum to announce I witnessed the reappearance of the bug myself on the live server.
    I got accidentaly in the back of an enemy stalker, who was crouched and still... but his helmet rendered as a non-deep cloaked part.

It made him very very visible :(
    • Up x 1
  17. NameGuessingGame

Im starting to find stalker cloak useless myself, sitting in one spot deepcloaked not moving or even looking around and a random player can manage to see me 20-30M away? If I were moving around and such I could understand but this is stupidly out of hand. I can't say I see myself resubbing next month if this issue goes unchecked or acknowledged. Whats next? The ability to spot cloaked players?
  18. MisterSlim

Not if I'm doing my job, you won't ;).
    -Stay Fr0sty
  19. ico1

I play a lot of stalker infiltrator and I have noticed a huge difference. Many times I'll be in deep cloak and have someone walk in my general area and shoot me from 10-20 meters away. Its really sad because I really like the stalker cloak and play-style, hopefully they fix this issue because it sucks.