Why so you hate Skyknights/Good Pilots.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulas, Apr 10, 2015.

1. _itg

Keep in mind that if a skyguard could consistently kill a Liberator from any reasonable distance, then it could do so without warning or chance of retaliation, which is bad gameplay. Fundamentally, that's why AA is always more of a deterrent--because otherwise pilots will die without warning or hope of counterplay. That said, I think the skyguard should do more damage at very close range, so a liberator can't just face-tank the flak and kill its counter-unit head-on.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ulas

Well. Fair enough. I havent been playing the game that long so i dont remember times when pods were op. I generally fly most of the time i play. Occasionally farm infants with needler. Does that make me a bad person :/
  3. DrPapaPenguin

I don't hate them, I just enjoy their suffering :p
    • Up x 2
  4. Utrooperx

I see a bird, I get a dual burster AA MAX...I hate birds and will stop what I'm doing to kill them...at Bio Labs, I go to a outlying base, pull a MAX and ruin their farm...especially the PPA guys who like to just spray the landing pads constantly from 100 meters away...and the Lib pilots that hover right over the pad with their cannon shooting into the lab...the AH guys who "nose walk" infantry running out of the spawn and zoom away as soon as that "beep...beep...beep" of a lock on starts chirping...I hunt them...as often as possible...I've hit 1,805 birds with my ASP-30 Grounder, and gotten 24,945 hits with my AA MAX...only 212 kills because the Fly-Boys run away too darn fast... :(
  5. ppanj

This just makes me sad... Seems to me like these tankers and infantry don't want to be worried by A2G at all, and if they pull AA they should have an endless supply of air peasants to farm. Coming from someone with a lot of experience on both sides, AA is more than capable at taking out air, you just need to know how to use it and if you're going A2G you need a lot of planning and experience to not get murdered by the ten skyguards in the area.
  6. Jawarisin

o_O you realise you're basically saying you hate skyknights because we kill each other high above the sky and clean the ground pounders instead of going to ground pound...

Literally, I just said that instead of ground pounding, I'd go to other fights if there was a lack of ESF on our side. That peasant mentality though...
  7. Jawarisin

targetted schadenfreude

Best paragraph for skyguard buff that I've seen on the forum yet... I think skyguards are plenty good as it is, but I actually did think about it for a second, and considered. You nearly convinced me, which is more than anybody else on this forum can say.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

no they making air domination, so their faction can a2g farm.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ulas

Thing i dont understand is you can easily outplay air. Think about it strenght of air is that it can easily escape but cant stand to much fire(Talking esfwise). Most skyguards i know camp in the middle of battle. Instead if u camp escape routes you will see half health air units easy to kill. A lot of ppl i know including my outfit m8s do this.
  10. Kristan

Skyknights don't allow new pilots get into the air game, especially A2A engagement. New pilots just can't learn anything, being popped in mere seconds. No progression - no competition.
    • Up x 5
  11. Sebastien

Nobody wants to play AA. It's a ****** boring job when there's nothing to shoot at, and because your prey moves faster than you it's always a ****** job because they can outrun you before you put the deeps down and go to a fight where they haven't pulled AA yet. So the only option to adequately defend yourself from Long John ******** and his roving band of Untermensch friends is to preemptively pull AA and stand around holding your **** on the off chance that something will happen.
    The only reason I play AA is because I've gotten to the point where I want Pilots to have less fun than I am. It's spite. That's the only reason people pull AA, because they ******* hate you. Or because they drew the shortest straw of the squad.
    • Up x 3
  12. Badname707

He has been told this numerous times. I have yet to see him give a response to it.
  13. Turekson

I first wrote a long, high-and-mighty post contemplating the various factors contributing to the traditional loathing between branches of service. Then I deleted it all because it really boils down to the following remark.

We just hate you because you can fly.
  14. Enguzrad

Well, The only thing I find infuriating about air is how they come into fight, get few kills, you get some AA and they are gone. And then you either sit there doing nothing and waiting if they'll come back or put away your AA weapons just so you can turn around and get rockets to your face from the same pilot who just returned.

But seriously, apart from these air to ground ESFs, who switch fights when they encounter opposition and don't have problem with going into fight where their faction has no interest in, ESF pilots are useful.
    A single ground based AA can't kill any air without giving them chance to escape, if they did, air couldn't do nothing in any fight. In most situations, air can be spotted easily and you don't have much cover in the sky. So when you damage something, ESF can finish the job and make sure that one won't be back any soon.

The main problem is that a lot of infantry players are used to be able to deal with anything on their own. And then they feel ******** when there is something which requires more of them cooperating to one goal. You just need 3 people with lock-on launchers who will wait for a little while for that annoying ESF and shoot at it together - instant kill, problem solved. But instead they are chaoticaly trying to solo that ESF, which will have time to get away and repair. They will pull an ESF of their own even less often. It takes time to become good at flying, but a group of noob pilots, who at least tried for a while to shoot at something which moved, can kill one good pilot. Especially when accompanied with some AA from ground.
    Only in big fights there is enough of these players focused on hunting air that the sky in that base will become deadly.
    Only then you can look from the top on pilots, who rather go into other, sometimes much less important fight, then to stay here and attack enemy forces in a group knowing that some of them won't survive their assault on enemy sunderers or whatever does the most problems to their fellow players.

But why is it so, that some players believe they should be able to kill air on their own? Because tanks taught them they can. You got MAX with two AV weapons or any other class with two bricks of C4? You can kill that tank! Just get a bit closer to it when he is not looking.
    There is just lack of players willing to talk to each other and cooperate. This should be better on servers for north america, where vast majority of people will speak the same language you are, but I'll bet it's not much better either. I don't chat with other players much and I use microphone even less, I'm just too shy to tell them what to do, but others don't have such problem, maybe they just don't care...
    • Up x 1
  15. NoobStylerIGERI

No?, how i learned it? A wonder???

And iam just a new Air on Sky
  16. Sebastien

Okay, see the issue with that is that most A2G aircraft don't need help. ESFs can pack an A2A nosegun and A2G secondary or vice-versa. They don't have to talk with anyone, they can go and do there thing and not worry about counters that everyone else has to. That's why it sucks, because they're all in their goddamn ivory tower with their heads too far up their own *** to realise they're not policing themselves.

Imagine if there was a vehicle that operated in a 4th dimension that preyed on everything below and you had to equip a special weapon to attack them, but because they're in a dimension you can't reach they can leave as soon as you start fighting back. There's no taking the fight to them, there's only join them or take it like a *****.
    • Up x 1
  17. day ofm one

Why I hate them?

Because they make it almost impossible to learn to fly for new pilots.

Why I love them?

As soon as you fly with them, you might actually learn something.

The hatred is just bigger, so much frustration, so much pain in the.
  18. Ulas

Thats a lie. Just ask ppl who kill you to help you. A lot of ppl will practice with you.
  19. Enguzrad

If you spawn your own aircraft, you can take fight to them.
    And what about harassers? They does practically the same thing, they go in, kill a few people and run off. How do you take fight to them? You can either wait for them and take them out together in group, get on their level and spawn a vehicle or lay a mine trap. Apart from mines, it's the same you do against aircraft. (So give us one use proximity AA rocket trap?)
    Hell, even tank peeking over the hill and shelling infantry does the same thing as aircraft do. They get a few shots and hide behind the hill to repair. And last time I checked they move faster than infantry too.

I know it looks like aircraft is needlesly versatile, being able to get a loadout with which they can attack effectively ground and air. The main focus in the game is on the ground, because control points are on the ground. So aircraft needs ability to affect ground. On the other hand they shouldn't be totally helpless against air either. Take for example VS Scythe with Light PPA and rocket pods. You will get an aircraft totally helpless against other aircrafts. If some ESF with default nosegun gets to you with this loadout, you are always dead. Nowhere else there is such a hard counter. Even skyguard is not that bad against other tanks, will still get wrecked but it can finish off damaged tanks. (I agree that with other factions it's a different story)

The point is there are no hard counters here. Only things effective against other things and traps, MAX/Heavy is effective infantry killer but can be killed by them, AA is effective against aircraft but can be killed by it (I count C4 as a trap, because it is often just a fault of tank pilot not paying attention to surroundings). The only thing you have to worry about is whether you are outnumbered/outskilled or not, and that applies to aircraft too.
  20. Dj Gus

Tough luck for pilots on the recent controls changes. Although we must respect the amount of time all the ace pilots put into the airgame, some of the "expert" air community comes out as plain arrogant.
    Now people just don't give a crap about them, even with all the "Aces save you from beeing farmed" BS.

I don't hate good pilots, but i do hate air farmers.