Why so many lancers lately?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Pikachu, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Pikachu

For the last months I often get shot by lancer when driving my tank. Before that lancer was one of the most rare weapons used. It was a fun surprise to get to see that rare beam.
  2. Amundsenkalmah

I think it's awesome.
    Maybe people start to see the advantages...
    • Up x 5
  3. Van Dax

It bugs the TR a lot apparently, we aim to bug the TR.
    • Up x 6
  4. M4L4CH1TE

Lancers went on sale in the store this Monday. Anyone ever thinking of doing Heavy work picked one up.
  5. Pikachu

But the same thing sure didnt happen with phoenix. -.-
  6. Van Dax

atleast prior to this sale pheonix use was pretty in line with lancer use, maybe vs are cheapskates.
  7. Ceskaz

No, VS are poor because of their expensive sparkling spandex clothes :p
    • Up x 1
  8. JonboyX

Most NC bought the Phoenix at launch (instagib infantry), or if they fancied trying it, in the last sale a few months back.
    The more recent sale may have opened the Lancer up to a new audience. It isn't terribad if you can get a few people together with them.
  9. Kaon1311

Taken a while, but VS have finally seen how good Lancers are. Plus they prob realise that they can hit us out of render range and it doesnt give a hit warning/noise at extreme ranges.
    • Up x 3
  10. CNR4806

A coordinated group of Lancers is extremely deadly - They are relatively easy to coordinate, with its high accuracy and range (thanks to the very high velocity) guarenteeing a very high alpha damage and next to no early warning for the victim (no lockon beeps, no rocket, and if you actually see the laser it's already too damn late). With the Striker at least you do get the lockon beeps.

Perhaps the VS has finally recognized how the Lancer is a powerful launcher in its own rights.
  11. Deschain

Because the Phoenix is crap and nobody uses it.
  12. MavCooL

Because lancer is on sale not long ago

Nobody uses it?? wrong
    It's just hav so many weakness right now, and I think only a phoenix users know how to deal with one themself or at least try it in VR so here it is how to counter the phoenix :
    1. Phoenix turning rate is just bad and it's hard to hit tank or anything that hugging a rock closely
    2. Their DPS is crap and outrepaired by a single engineer
    3. Only hav 300 effective travel range.. Yes it's travel range
    4. Every vehicle can outrun the phoenix
    5. Pretty visible if u are getting hit by one in 3rd person view
    6. U can destroy the rocket in mid air ( This is the most fun thing to do with phoenix user, Once I met a phoenix user in a lightning
    He hit me once and I switch to 3rd person and when he hit me the second time, I just get out of my lightning and repair it and in 2 second or so I'm looking in the sky and shoot the blue disco ball thing coming my way and then continue to repair my lightning :D )
    • Up x 1
  13. ChipMHazard

Perhaps VS players finally got wise about Lancer squads.
  14. OldMaster80

Because VS in the end probably connected their brains and realized that Strikers are powerful just because TR spam them, and they can do the same with their Lancers. Its Amazing speed and lack of lock warning (can't be stopped by Stealth or Smoke) make it extremly effective.
    NC have a harder time at doing the same with Phoneix but that tool got other good points.
  15. teks

[IMG]
  16. Liewec123

any of the ESRLs are powerful when used in groups,
    the trouble is that due to their cost alot of NC and VS won't have them

i've seen vids of lancer squads instagibbing tanks and air at 200-300m
    its a very nice launcher, phoenix too is useful if the target is in the "sweetspot"
    (not too close or you can't angle to it, not too far or the projectile vanishes)
    • Up x 1
  17. ColdCheezePizza

A 3x charged lancer does silly damage against ground vehicles thanks to the 2x damage multiplier, I solo stuff all the time from beyond render distance where no other launcher would even come close. Even close up its a monster, charge up 3x behind cover hop out and shoot, repeat, reload and then dump 6 single shots and anti vehicle nade ftw. The only time I need a deci with VS is in towers and biolabs vs. max's.
  18. RockPlanetSide2

I personally think Lancer Squads are much better than Striker Squads. When the enemy does send in planes... Lancers make much quicker work of them as you are not restricted to "no dumb fire" or anti-lock ons.

Lasher is a team based weapon, it's not for running around in buildings solo.
  19. Bill Hicks

The only weakness of the lancer is against close range maxes. Other than that, its a great weapon because you can select the right amount of charge time for each situation. Whereas the other ES launchers are very specific on situations.
  20. Serafine

The Lancer is the greatest long-range launcher of all. I don't use it that much (played mostly medic for a long time) and still it's my 3rd highest scoring weapon.

However in general I prefer the Nemesis. The Nemesis recently got a buff greatly reducing it's drop and boosting it's speed. At medium range it can easily hit any vehicle - actually it's better than the Hades because no warning beep and no lock-on time - it can two-shot any ESF (except they have extra armour) and it can also be used to snipe infantry. If you have a good feeling for it's trajectory and know how to lead it's better than a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 2