Why play more of *this* VS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haya jii san, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Gravity exists... "ON EARTH"???

lmmfao bro... gravity exists everywhere that there is a mass.

Also.. "Everything that goes up must come down"

What about satellites? Pretty sure the point is NOT to come down :D
  2. Vikarius

Gravity does not exist EVERYWHERE. There is empty space, it has been proven, and gravity will not exist there till it is generated by something like a black hole.
    Try again
  3. Ronin Oni

I said "everywhere that there is a mass"

I specifically qualified my statement
  4. Vikarius

and you didnt use "mass" in the original post I was arguing with that you quoted, in the first place.

I suggest learning how to read, because that is not what I said in that quote, not even close, but oh look it is just about exactly what YOU said in your previous post.... ahahaha
  5. FinWiz

FAIL

Mass exists everywhere, gravity does not.
    Vanu weapons, in turn, use photons(including laser) or plasma. Photons have almost zero mass and therefore aren't affected by gravity. Except near stars and black holes if it is to believe Einstein.

About satellites, you apparently have no idea how they work(no offence). Satellites are dropping ALL THE TIME, thats how they stay on orbit. As you know, Earth is round so if object have a speed high enough, it drops the amount earth's surface curves.

For OP, you post is wrong. While Magriders are indeed pretty bad nowadays, your post had some serious issues.
    1. It's MBT, not MCT
    2. Vanguard is still slower, even on flat surface
    3. Armor is equal to Prowler
    4. Combined strafing is actually fine, pure strafing is not.
    5. Hill climbing isn't zero, it's just not what it were and not what it should be.
    6. "Biggest Frame / Hitbox (combined with this strafing and enemy MCT velocity buffs ...)" This is true and is actually bigger problem than people realize or want to realize. Same for next 2 argument about fixed turret and buffs.
    7. Beamer isn't that bad after all, 4 shots to kill target...can do with that. I have even gotten some kill streaks with Beamer only.
  6. Armchair

Look at this graph. While it does not encompass all aspects of an MBT, it shows that previously the Magrider had a TREMENDOUS OMG HUGE WTF advantage over its competition. Vanu got used to that incredible imbalance as normal. Then in GU02, MBT's were equalized....and suddenly mags were on roughly equal footing. Since VS were so acclimated to having a tremendous advantage over their competition, they incorrectly come to the conclusion that the magrider is now trash.

At least on the MBT front, VS are now roughly on equal footing. Welcome to a level playing field. Enjoy your stay.

[IMG]
  7. Vikarius

Reposting the same flawed graph over and over does not make it less flawed FYI.
    I see nothing on there showing which tank used the most HE, HEAT or AP. I see nothing of how many of those tanks were 1/2 seats occupied as opposed to 2/2 seats
    Certainly one would expect a magrider to have such a high K/D if they were the ones hunting tanks with HEAT/AP and the other 2 spamming HE on infantry.....wonder if they will ever see THOSE statistics, the ones that matter
  8. Haya jii san

Explain ooh you UP NC ...
  9. Haya jii san

1. MCT stands for Main Combat Tank as MBT stands for Main Battle Tank. Use both w/e
    2. Vanguard is ~KPH faster than Magrider
    3. Armor is indeed equal to Prowler although its less than Vanguard's one.
    4. True and yet nerfed
    5. True again but nerfed (even if it's in a bugged state, it still doesn't work as it used to).
    6. Not arguing since we both agree im right
    7. Beamer takes 7 shots to kill a target. Even the Rebel can't cut it in 4 shots.

Get your facts / maths revised. Do your homework and come back again ...
  10. TheRealMetalstorm

Check out the videos. More than enough time to run at 10-50min! It's your fault if you ventured into open areas. Even then, VS/TR max in the open = dead max from concentrated fire.

check out 0:15 and 3:20. Compare TTKs of the NC max at that short range, and the TR max at that long range.
  11. Armchair

The graph doesn't encompass everything. It did show without question that there was a TREMENDOUS gap between the magrider and its competition. Seriously, the magrider had better performance than the prowler and vanguard COMBINED.

Are things perfectly balanced now? Probably not. But they are a hell of a lot more balanced than they used to be.
  12. FinWiz

1. Didn't know that, sorry.
    2. Hmm, seem to be true, my bad. In game speed is still generally slower as Vanguard loses speed ver quicklu if terran is elevated.
    4. According to devs, mags hill climbing due to combined strafing was unintented and therefore nefd (removed). This though is a bit stupid because according to Mag's description "climb more types of terrain beyond other tanks.".
    5. above
    7. This of course depends what part of body are you shooting. Didn't add that on the original post because I were lazy. Thing with pistols just is that Im usually aiming to head.
  13. Vikarius

That is mere opinion. The problem is the huge adjustments they made and claimed it was due to the data in that graph. It is worse now then before imo. Before it was the player's fault, or rather faction players fault AND SOEs fault. If they were smart there at SOE, they would have removed HE from the game for a week before doing any changes, to ensure a more controlled environment where all tanks, at least on main cannon, would be viably fit to fight other tanks. Then you look at a graph like that one.
    Until we get the REAL statistics, that one barely covers crap, it is mere opinion and speculation. I would def bet SC that if they actually posted the real statistics, it would be Prowlers and Vanguards pulling a lot of HE and Magriders with a lot of HEAT and AP. As well as the majority of magriders being 2/2. Which would prove they were wrong, and releasing said information might be bad for their pride ofc
  14. DuckSauce

I kind of like the Beamer! :D

And IIRC the Manticore is a clone of the Mag-shot, which is a waaaay better pistol than the Rebel for like 90% of situations.
  15. †Ashley†

I quite like the rebel. It's the perfect weapon for when you switch if you are in combat and need to reload. The high damage makes it easy to quickly pull out a pistol and give the final killing shot.
  16. Haya jii san

Well shooting someone at the head is great dont get me wrong but still headshots are not taken into account when you check a weapon's TTK, since this has to do with your accuracy. I was pointing out that the Beamer, as a pistol, basically sux, expecially in comparisson with the TX11 which still is the only auto-pistol in the game till today, of course TR having it.
    Sounds familiar ?
  17. {joer

Laugh, yea the mosquito is why the VS now suck. Get a clue.
  18. †Ashley†

Right now the vanguard and the magrider are pretty balanced with each other. The magrider having an advantage for longer range with dodging a few hits, and the vanguard being a little better up close with its shield and better armor.
  19. Tang60

Well Ive quit playing,,I completely agree the VS just cant compete now.
    I regret buying 6 months of this game. It wont happen again I promise you.
  20. †Ashley†

Yep i've now moved over the NC. I'm playing sooooo much better and actually having fun! Scary i know. I'm able to actually kill things with bullets, and my rockets actually deal damage and have some form of accuracy.
    • Up x 1