[Suggestion] Why not!!!???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ARIES666, Jul 24, 2015.

1. ARIES666

Just give us that game and we will make a monument in the name of it lol
    Seriously, stop making indie shooter of planetside 2!!! Give us this but on PLANETSIDE 2 ENGINE!!!!!! pleaaase!
  2. Alan Kalane

Yeah the inventory system in PS1 was cool as hell, I can't understand why they choose some silly TF2 style class system instead...
  3. stalkish

Higby gave us the excuse that the inventory + cert system created the 'super soldier'.
    Then they gave us full health med kits, auto regenerating shields, HA, infinate ammo, etc.....etc...etc...

Basicaly it was a cop out, **** devs, with **** ideas in the simple reason.
  4. Haquim

But that is actually an excuse I can believe.

Going to support your team and not fight? Who needs weapons anyway - heal, repair, ammo and resurrection for everyone!
    Wanna really piss off enemy vehicles? Thanks to the inventory you can now have a rocketlauncher AND a jetpack. Have fun!
    Stalker infiltrator with medtool? And jetpack?
    Recently some people have started playing a unique build that is known as "The Troll". Equipped with a stalker cloak and frag, sticky, flash, emp and concussion grenades (2 each), 2 AI mines and 1 C4. The presence of such player can be easily noticed by the conflicting parties not shooting each other and running around with darklights instead since the "trolls" do not seem to care who or what they hit.

Oh god the stupid things we could do with an inventory system....
  5. FateJH

Going by PlanetSide Classic inventory sizes - Infiltration Suit's 3x3 pistol slot and 6x6 inventory - you'd need to lose something to make it all fit. Also, unless you were switching between the same type of item in your inventory as in your hand, you'd have to drop stuff until you use something up. The upside is you'd get three grenades per grenade set.
  6. ElGambo

Would not call it Tf2 style exacly.
  7. AlterEgo

The inventory system was THE MOST annoying thing about PS1. It was confusing as hell. Planetside 2's system is simple yet fun, and I like that.
  8. FateJH

If there's an annoying part about PlanetSide Classic's inventory system, it's that there are no items that are just 1-grid in span. So, you put everything into your inventory, you're left with all these 1xn shaped holes, and now you spend minutes playing Tetris with your loadout trying to create an opening that can cram another 2x2 grenade at least.

You don't even need that extra grenade. You just can't stand to see the wasted space.
  9. AlterEgo

#OCD2003. What you just said makes me thank God that inventories are sort of a past-time thing. If ONE game does it right though...
    It's going to be Fallout 4. (Note that F3 was also awesome, but I never played that game:p)
  10. stalkish

Agreed.
    But the 'super soldier' i refer to was a direct reference to the heavy assault & medic & engineer in planetside 1, and what they gave us was essentialy the same thing with heavy.
    They also greatly increased the 'power' or engineers with inf ammo and inf repairs imo. Medics the same, no ammo in medic gun, throw in rez grenades and that increased it more.

I dont have a problem with any of it tbh, the game as it is wouldnt function with the old style, i just thought the irony of the 'super soldier' statement was funny. They also gave heavy the ability to pilot vehicles, giving it further super soldier status, something they also adamantly denied being a possibility to begin with.