why not have cross class armor unlock ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elack, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Elack

using nanoweave as an example each rank provides the same increased health across all classes and if you wanted rank 5 on all your classes it would cost you 6055 certs ?

why not just have a single unlock for 1211 rank 5 across all classes ?
  2. CrashB111

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. CNR4806

Because it would be too cheap in a game that emphasizes on individual class customization. A single 1211-cert upgrade across five class means that by average you only use about 250 certs to max nanoweave on a class.

SMGs, shotguns and NS weapons are considered good-value purchase because you're effectively spreading out the cost to different classes (and characters in SC purchases, and factions in SC purchases of NS weapons). For example, on a default 3-slot account, buying the new 700SC NS-7 PDW means that you're effectively buying it at 46.7SC per class per character, thank god that weapon isn't as strong as people anticipated.
  4. Tradewind

Yeah basically this. It is also a much nicer response and answer than I was thinking of writing.
  5. Elack

if they wanted emphasis on individual classes/customization when not make people roll a specific class when they create a character ?

it just means the average player isn't going to unlock anything at br 45 I only have 7% infantry unlocked and 1% vehicles (only spent on cosmetics) and tbh armor has to be one of the most boring unlocks in the game still 1k seems well over the top.

also why is flak only 500 ? you can have one or the other shouldn't all the armors cost the same ?
  6. Tradewind

Because Flak only affects explosive damage, specifically. Nanoweave provides advantages to both small arms and explosive damage by being a direct HP upgrade.

As for the rest of it, my only comment is deal with it.
  7. Elack

well my thought is this

flak and nanoweave take the same slot you have to give up one to get the other so they are in direct competition and should be balanced but having flak 50% cheaper is admitting it's not as good

because it occupies the same slot I figured it should be balanced or is that too reasonable an assumption?

whatever the second guy probably got it right, it takes an extra 1k certs out of that class that you could have otherwise drop on a weapon and puts it into something you require.

wish people would stop saying this, it always makes me think of the Microsoft guy, he was wrong and got fired for saying it.
  8. Tradewind

Sucks to be him, but I am right.