WHY NOT A SPITFIRE AUTO TURRET FOR MAIN BATTLE TANKS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nefaris, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Nefaris

why could you not put a auto turret om main tanks have the same damage as the engineers and give it like a 10m radius with like a 50 meter vertical it would help with the c4 faeries but not to op
    • Up x 2
  2. NXR1

uhhhh, how about no?
    • Up x 3
  3. Rikkit

or you just do it in the balanced way, and deploy your beepy next to your tank?!
    • Up x 2
  4. FieldMarshall

Make it replace the secondary gun.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pat22

- step out of tank
    -place down spitfire turret
    -get back into tank

Done.
    • Up x 2
  6. Devilllike

Well if you guys want auto turrets on tanks then tanks should also get Engine damage(Stop moving) canon damage(cant fire) wheels damage (move out of control) etc etc etc
    • Up x 2
  7. ChickenPotPie

But Spitfires suck (Atleast imo)? Get a Gunner instead of going around in tank solo, all you are doing is gimping your self by not having a gunner. Also keep in mind a tank is a huge cert investment if you want it to be above average so if your just coming in here whining about your stock tank not being god mode, please leave -_-.
  8. Azawarau

Sure if it has 1/3 the detection range and TTK

Tanks can already survive anything infantry throws at them rather easily except C 4

And i do mean rocket launchers as well

Hide repair come back out and go on a killing spree again

And then complain about C 4 being OP

That seriously is just pissy as hell.

Not saying this is you but alot of tankers here dont realize such a stupid obvious thing
  9. Lemposs

I say it gets a claymore shield, that anyone that comes within 25 meters instantly gets claymored. I mean, those darn C4 fairies have it so easy, tankers should have so as well.
  10. ChickenPotPie

Use third person to develop more awareness, don't go in areas that can get you easily C4ed, If you see C4 rusher, quickly get out and take him out with infantry weapon (easier than panicing and backing up blindly into object or trying to hit them with main gun), Get a damn gunner you can communicate with. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, remember, you are in an expensive / high value target, not in some sort of 'god mode' invulnerability crap.
  11. Lemposs

I am pretty close to auraxium Prowler, I was making a little joke about tankers and their constant whining about C4 fairies :p
  12. Liewec123

i'd be up for that, an option to sacrifice the second gun for a weakish NPC controlled AI gun,
    good idea ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. 1Tap2Tap

Problem is, it would mostly just be a big buff to 1/2 Prowlers, using Lockdown.

We have enough of those sitting on the ridges and shelling away already.
    • Up x 1
  14. ChickenPotPie

Theres so much whining on the forums that sarcasm (unless stated as such) is mostly wasted XD
  15. Liewec123

ture ture, though 9 times out of 10 that prowler ends up being killed by a vehicle of some sorts,
    infantry rarely spend the time to travel so far for a single tank kill :p

i think the top mounted spitfire would mostly benefit the "in your face" style players like myself who usually succumb to c4 fairies or flanking heavies :p
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

good idea, but only gunner will shoot LA instead of infiltrator (unless it and noob gunner).
  17. OpolE

Nice idea
    • Up x 1
  18. Hegeteus

There's already the proximity radar though. I've often used it with the canister, the only bad thing is seemingly every (ES)AI weapon's restricted angle but I usually manage to keep LAs safely at bay
  19. Pelojian

if you need a mobile spitfire to cover you then you are a bad tanker farming infantry, because you'll be nothing but a source of amusement and easy XP for any decent AP tank.
  20. CNR4806

I'd rather get a coaxial MG to shoot the damn guy myself than to have a dumb bot do it for me.

Way more fun to me and way less unfair to the guy approaching me.