Why no bolt hold open device on guns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jeuvisage, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Wobberjockey

more than you know.

the game has a fast and a slow reload. presumably the fast is for a partial clip reload and the slow is for running your mag dry.

for example the orion does a partial reload in 2.8 seconds, but if you run the clip dry it's a 4.6 second reload.

that data for all weapons can be found here: PS2 Weapon Data
  2. EWarren

I have no idea what a bolt hold open device is. Is that the mechanism that holds the bolt open when there are no more rounds left in the magazine?
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

It is a device which allows for the bolt to be held open at any given time. Most mags are built to set off this switch when the mag runs empty, but it can also be manually set for a variety of reasons. Most people associate it with an empty mag as thats all we will see it used for in movies and such.
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

OK Jeu, I think im done with our discussion. Its kind of like talking to a brick wall with google. your posts are inundated with useless details (I.E. your talk of your FNP-45T. did i really need to know all the details?), yet you completely miss the point of any of my posts. I mean you are so off base we may as well be speaking another language. This thread was about one thing (should a bolt lock be implemented into the game) which myself, and almost every other contributor to this thread has pointed out thats its a waste of time, and has evolved into the function of a bolt carrier lock, which Little and myself have proven, beyond debate, to be a multi-use tool. this thread ended long before you ever tried to save it. sorry

As a side note, since your loaded and all, why dont you go down and buy a hi-point pistol. It would be an educational experience, and you may find yourselves amongst the ranks of people (myself included) who purchased this gun with the intent to hate it, and to prove to the world WHY they hate it, yet being completely unable to feel anything less of absolute respect for the firearm when the day is through. At least then you would have some knowledge of the thing before you trash talk it. Also, the mags are the source of almost all the jamming issue (does not indicate severity, and please show me a gun that DOESNT ever jam), but this issue is quickly resolved through 1 of 2 simple methods. 1 is to loosen up the bullet grip in the mag, kind of like how most military mags are, by tapping the mag on something hard before use, or 2. you can disassemble it and replace the butt plate spring to provide more support at the front of the plate. then the pistol is more reliable, and can take more abuse than a glock and is literally 1/3rd the price.

Well until then I hope your internet personality doesnt transcribe into your personal characteristics, and I wish you the best in your endevours. Please remember this one phrase That i try to live on "god gave you 2 ears, and one mouth: for a reason."