Why isn't the fps fixed yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, May 5, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

Been absent for quite a while maybe 3-4 weeks, there has been two game updates since then. Came back today and realised straight away why i left in the first place. CQC.

There is not anything inherently wrong with CQC, but i still get very poor framerate in these situations. I can't fathom how this game portends to flirt with the idea of MLG when the game performs so poorly. I expect 60+fps in competitive shooters, anything less than that is uncomfortable with PS2 frequently dipping to 40 and sometimes sub 30, it makes combat especially the more twitch based CQC torturous and unpleasant.

Please don't pretend to care and want our custom, just drop me a line when the game can be played in a decent fashion.
  2. Niller

If they could fix it, don't you think they would have done it? But yes, it would be nice if they could do it.
  3. Phrygen

it got alot worse in GU8
  4. Duff_Chimp

I'm just wondering what the patience of your average gamer is? Pretty sure most people expected better/ more stable framerates by now. It seems like every step forward they take a step backwards in regards to fps.

I just can't understand how they want this game to be competitive yet have a total lottery when it comes to in-game performance. FPS is highly important for competitive play, let alone just making the game less frustrating to play.
  5. Littleman

No matter how powerful your system, you're still playing a game that is designed to field tens of times more people in one area than even battlefield. At some point, optimization can only go so far. At some point, even the best hardware will only handle so much (for now.) Yes, the frames aren't where they COULD be (look, they built this game on fairly archaic tech, who still uses XP or a DX9 only card anymore?) and there is certainly a lot of room for improvement, but expecting the miracle of a constant 100+ FPS in a massive battle is fairly naïve for pretty much 99% of the player base.

In before that one guy that will come in to claim their system can achieve that benchmark on ultra settings. Congrats, you found the one system make up that works and only the tax dodging 1% can afford.

By the way, MLG will likely involve more compact areas (re: arenas) and more than likely far fewer people than you might find at any given battle over a base in PS2. I know my FPS doesn't dip below 60 when I'm in a squad vs. squad situation.