Why is the Prowler fast and Magrider and Vanguard are slow?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Peter Daniel, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Peter Daniel

There is no justification for this.

Make the Prowler slower or buff the speed on VS and NC main battle tanks.
  2. gigastar

The Vanguard is slow because it has more armor.

The Magrider is in between because when the game launched, strafing was a reliable way to ignore damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. DashRendar

It's fine.
  4. c4r151

00:39 there's the justification
  5. Peter Daniel

Speed is a very important perk in ground combat, just see the Harasser.
    The balance on this game is cleary bias, it should be replaced by other members of the team or by an outside review team.
  6. Peter Daniel

I failed to see on that video why the Magrider should be very slow...
  7. DevDevBooday

Vanguard has armor, Magrider has strafe, Prowler has speed. If you nerf the prowlers speed, then its only fair that magriders should only be able to move forwards and backwards.
    • Up x 3
  8. Trakaas

Define slow. Properly certed the Mag goes 70 and strafes at that speed. What's the top speed on a certed Prowler? That can only move forward.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kaon1311

LOL i would like to see you shoot on target going over terrain in the Prowler, it has the worst turret bounce. Whats the point having the highest speed when you have to come to a complete standstill to hit the target. The best tank that can move and hit succesfully is the Magrider.

Another case of boohoo TR get better toys. Maybe play the other factions before reading stats on paper and focusing on the pluses and forgetting the negatives.

Yes movement/speed is very important in this game...VS get the Magrider and ZOE max. Both excell in the movement perk area. So look at your own faction before you start throwing your toys out of your pram? ;)
    • Up x 5
  10. Peter Daniel

Don't care about your toys TR, there is no justification for the Magrider to be very slow.
  11. LordCreepy

Prowler isn't really faster than a Mag.
    He gains the least benefit from racer 3 of all 3 tanks going from 60 to roughly 70 km/h.
    The mag gains alot more going from 50 to 65 km/h.
    Combine this with magburner and the ability to simply hover over rough terrain and the mag is even faster than the prowler on anything except flat roads.
    • Up x 6
  12. Kaon1311

Ok take away turret stabaliser from mag so it cant move and shoot and you can make it the fastest thing on earth for all i care. But just wait for the sh1tstorm from magriders because they now have to stop to shoot, making strafe totally useless.

Prowler - fastest
    Vanguard - toughest
    Magrider - can strafe and is a stable platform for the main gun.

If you think its unfair, your totally clueless about balance.
    • Up x 4
  13. Liewec123

beautifully TR response there, not actual answer why prowler is faster than magrider, just a distraction with references to ZoE.
    who was talking about maxes?
    TR has the damage, NC has the armour, VS should have the speed.
    simple logic really.

not that i think theres an issue, its just odd that they'd give your tank higher speed than the hover tank.

actually i'd think prowlers trait is its damage output, theres no reason why it'd be fastest.
    everything about magrider implies that it should be the fastest of the 3. ;)
    prowler - damage
    mag - agility+speed
    vang - armour
  14. Peter Daniel

Magburner just add 5km/h for 3 seconds with long cooldown... hardly a speed increase... and you have to spend an ability for that speed increase.

Prowler have full speed increase, can have an extra ability, while it have always double shot (another ability).

Magrider have strafe and hover over terrain, which was long ago nerfed and it is useless. Why is it so slow? Unfair...
  15. Peter Daniel

Your forget to add:

Prowler - fastest, have double shot and low bullet drop
    Vanguard - toughest, have immune shield and low bullet drop
    Magrider - can strafe and is a stable platform for the main gun with high bullet drop.

Again I fail to see why it is so slow moving forward.
    I can understand the strafe speed not be too fast, but there is no justification for the slow foward moving speed. Should at least be the same as the Prowler.
  16. Peter Daniel

And I might add, with the starfe speed Magrider now have, it dodges less then a Lightning...
  17. lothbrook

Ehh, tank speed is pretty irrelevant unless you're at point blank, and even then really only the lightning can take advantage of it due to its small size, otherwise MBTs are too large to be missed at close range, and except for the magrider rarely can shoot reliably on the move.

I actually think the prowler is the worst in actual tank combat because vangaurds can take a lot more damage and magriders will usually make you miss a shot or 2 unless you're right on top of each other. Only area i think prowlers beat other tanks is in lockdown at long range, just can't dodge the amount of firepower or outlast unless you land on your very first shot.
  18. MrEclectic

Wrong in so many ways...

The Magrider is the slowest of the MBTs, with 50 km/h, and with Racer 3 it goes up to 64km/h (top Racer 3 Vanguard is 65 - strangely the Magrider gains the most by the Racer chassis). Side strafe is 20 km/h and goes to 26-27 km/h with Rival 3, but then the top speed goes only to ~55km/h, and only by moving diagonally and combining forward and strafe speed. Finally, it dodges shots only beyond ~200m, taking into consideration the velocity of the incoming projectile and assuming that it was aimed at the centre of mass.

The Prowler has superior DPS already.

I am not arguing in favour or against the OP's premise, but, please, get the facts straight.
  19. Kaon1311

Maybe they didnt want to give the Mag three perks, since a stable gun platform is also a perk/trait. And our tank is what at max 10kph over the mag, but again, the Mag is the only stable platform in game. So having an extra 10kph means next to nothing when you are chasing the enemy and have to stop to shoot. The Mag can chase and carry on shooting. Oh and our special is Lockdown, that goes great with the fastest MBT dont you think ;) And yes we have the highest damage, but have to hit twice to get those numbers, again, great for infantry farming, but tank v tank combat next not so good.

So, it would be, according to you

Prowler - Damage
    Vanguard - Armour
    Magrider - Speed, agility and stable turret.

And the Zoe reference was a reply to the op saying movement was important in game, which it is. His faction get 2 units that excell in movement and he is moaning that our tank is slightly faster, but we have to stop to hit the target, Mag and Zoe do not.
    I was pointing out that maybe he needs to look at his own faction and its traits before complaining about what the opposition get and focus on what we DONT get.
    • Up x 4
  20. Alox

Apart from a few enthusiast most of the hard core mag rider crews now rolls with harassers.