Why is rank 3 racer Reaver slower, than a rank 3 hover Mossie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Jan 18, 2014.

1. BadAsElite

Any reason why my Reaver flys at 247 KPH (Rank 3 Racer) while a Mossie flys at 250 KPH? (Default)

Where is the logic? Is this even balanced?
    • Up x 6
  2. Robes

Think about what you said for a second.
    • Up x 2
  3. Meeka

Because a Reaver isn't a Mossie and a Mossie isn't a Reaver.

Mossie doesn't have the thrust a default Reaver does, even at full certification.

That's how they balance. One is good in one aspect, the other is good in the other.
    • Up x 2
  4. FateJH

It sounds about right. You certed into the module that would make your unit faster and you are faster using the well-certed module.
  5. jiggu

Asymmetrical balance, son.
    • Up x 4
  6. Goden

This community can't handle it.
    • Up x 7
  7. BadAsElite

So technically a Reaver with out Hover frame should have better thrust then a mossie with max hover frame?
    Is this the case in game aswell?
    • Up x 6
  8. Robes

kinda always has been
  9. DashRendar

Not saying I agree with the OP, but to counter your assertion: a Rank 3 Hover Mossie exceeds the V-Thrust of a Racer 3 Reaver.
    • Up x 17
  10. Phos!

Faction diversity.

Also, bananas afterburner.
  11. HAYMAKER

What is in your secondary weapon attachment for your reaver?
  12. jiggu

I don't think it's fair to only compare one point tho. As Phos said, bananas afterburner.

I'm not saying the Reaver is OP, but it's definately competetive.
  13. BadAsElite

Just saying this because its seems totally pointless running Afterburner tanks with Racer on the Reaver.
    This means that theres only 1 viable way to cert into the Reaver which is totally "Fubar" in my eyes.

The mossie can take advantage of the racer frame by the fact it can out run every other ESF on the battlefield, as hover generally does not make the reaver by any terms better then the other 2 ESF's.
    • Up x 1
  14. BadAsElite

Fuel tanks.
  15. NoctD

You don't win fights by running away, son.

Oh and why does Reaver nose guns have so much more DPS?
  16. HAYMAKER

The reaver is as far as I know the fastest esf with afterburners equipped. If you have fuel tanks eqquiped you can outrun a mossie and catch up to it even if they have afterburners equipped. Works for me everytime.
  17. BadAsElite

Well you say that but only going an extra 20-30 KPH faster with after burners is not the massive speed boost its made out to be. They catch up rather quickly.

A passive speed boost of 20-30 KPH is much better then a "situational" click to go 20-30 KPH faster. The Racer frame for all ESF's needs to be "Buffed"
    • Up x 1
  18. Kimgibbler

Why do people think cruising speed matters?
    • Up x 2
  19. HAYMAKER

Is there any specific person you where engaging or just asking in general?
  20. DashRendar

You are probably right, the Mossie should be as slow as a Reaver.
    • Up x 13