[Suggestion] Why is PS2 the only game I have to play in a darkened room during summer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Firejack, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Firejack

This drives me crazy. Its summer time, blazingly bright outside with light streaming through the windows and for some reason we have a night time alert in progress! :eek: I can't see a dam thing! :confused:

I've requested this several times now. Please restrict the "night" part of the day/night cycle to match real world night time for the region the server is geographically located in. Maybe not all year round for variety but certainly during summer.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

It's called "curtains".
    [IMG]

No gratitude is necessary.
    • Up x 13
  3. AlterEgo

I see China on there. And the word China makes me excited.
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Night battle would last too long and probably send people to sleep lol.
  5. Ballto21

because you dont own any games that arent ******
  6. RykerStruvian

I know what you mean. I've actually been fussing around with the ingame settings. Increasing the ingame brightness from 0.0 to 0.40 seems to have helped me a bit. Otherwise everything looks too dark and nights, during the day, just...Grrr :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Czarinov

It's quite pathetic how someone can be so helpless.
  8. Firejack

I couldn't find a balance I liked. The colours when brightness is turned up just looked too faded for me.

Certain things becomes really bright when you up the brightness in-game. For example I end up being blinded by the deploy shield on my Sunderer when looking through the guns with thermal on.

The natural light combined with normal brightness settings really made the colours on Indar come alive. The game looks epic. I just want more of this.
  9. RykerStruvian

I would say try experimenting with something like the NVidia control console and the monitor settings within it. I'll probably give it a bit of a tweak too since I agree, the colors look a bit washed out.
  10. Acceleratio

I wish there was something like an ingame "Auraxium clock" that tells us what time it is on the continent
    • Up x 2
  11. thebigbortishbort

probably the reason you've requested it several times is it is unnecessary and wouldn't work well with how ps2 works , especialy with its players.

also

So much this ^
    blinds are suitable as well.
  12. VonStalin

nights are too dark, boring and too long. Just because some kids wanna see Vanu fireworks that does not mean it is fun for everybody else.
  13. customer548

Night makes people depressed. I guess Devs want people to be depressed in order to make them more addicted to their game.
    Omg, now i see the truth !!! :eek:

I had to increase my Brightness settings too during those last days,after a patch.
  14. uhlan

I like PS2 nights...

... and I use a welders mask during the daytime hours.
  15. cbplayer

infri is better at night tho
  16. Iridar51

If you find PS2 nights incredibly dark, I suggest turning off shadows and bloom. Those are two things that make nights super dark. I honestly don't even notice when there's a night on Auraxis.
  17. Mythologicus

PS2's nights were better with PhysX and awesome flak effects.

Too bad I wasn't around for any of that.
  18. toast2250

Damn. I have also have a inexpensive automated welding mask for tig, might as well try it when Esamir's snow is almost white, especially noticeable when you change continents.

There is a topic that shows how lighting is borked and effects terrain and buildings.

Its either to damn bright or sort of a-ish lifeless, unappealing dark.

I have to constantly change ingame brightness and settings on my monitor just enjoy the game.

Lets all hug together, pray to the lord, embrace the pain and the inability of former soe trying to address this Issue ever since.
  19. NinjaKirby

If it wasn't obvious already, if you operate a Multi-Monitor set-up on your rig, turn off all adjacent unused monitors to reduce artificial light pollution.