Why is Air Power to over balanced?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Proplayer, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Proplayer

I don't even get it. It's so overwhelmingly in Air's favor that it has changed Planetside 2 already. Notice the lack of troop fight outdoors? It's there but shrinking fast as players realize Air> all.

What really gets me is scrubs who can't even do .5 kpd jump in a certed ESF and put up 6 kpd. Now that is just foolishness.They literally hover around the base and unless you have air to counter them there is really no answer. The problem is growing daily. Today there were so many aircraft it just became a waste of time.

So I ask SOE how in their right mind can they give all this:

Best DPS bar none pods, blow any tank up in 2 passes. Defense for the tank: None
    Best mobility in the game and with afterburner a get out of jail free card.
    Sturdy Air frames, like tanks that fly. The lib is literally a flying Vangard.
    No real counter except other air. Must be nice to decide to attack ground targets with complete impunity. I say again with out air support complete impunity. The only counter is to bring more air so the other factions bring even more air..see where this is going? My evidence? look up in the sky it's a bird,it's a plane, it's SUPER ESF*1000. Ther sky is filled with air so much now that they run out of vehicles to bust and start farming troops.

Hover Aircraft? I thought that was one of the biggest mistakes in PS1. Reaverside was a big reason why people left Planetside 1. I guess nobody learned a thing.

SOE for the good of it's own game needs to grow a pair and do what is right before they end up with 1 server 6 months from now wondering what happened...again?

Air right now is CLEAR CUT EASY MODE.