Why has the Vanguard have no infantry snub card?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Sep 9, 2014.

1. BadAsElite

Prowler
    Fast top speed
    Good turning
    High DPS (kill potential)
    Double shot

Magrider
    Great agility
    Great turrain handling (lose's no speed going up steep slopes)
    Avoidance

Vanguard
    High Alpha shot (if you don't consider the Prowlers double shot as higher alpha. and also the slowest reload)
    +5-7% armour (apart from rear).

What I would like to see is the Vanguard to get better "defensive" bonus's against infantry. Increase it's resistance values from all infantry weapons by 25% and possibly make it survive being 2x C4'ed (unless on the rear).

Reason being that both the Magrider and Prowler have better utility to counter/deter infantry. Where as the Vanguard has practically nothing, (bar the very small armour buff) and suffers the most from infantry for this reason.
  2. sustainedfire

Iwin shield?
    • Up x 2
  3. BadAsElite

I left the ES Abilitys out of this, they all have their use's against infantry.
    How is a 6 second utility going to help the Vanguard after them 6 seconds are up considering its a 45 second CD.

Again all MBT's have their "Iwin function" the Vanguard lacks passive abilitys over the other 2 factions, which is the main deal breaker here.
  4. sustainedfire

How is the Prowler lock down going to help against infantry cr attack?

The Vanguard "flavor" I believe is that it has a slightly better edge in tank fights and the extra armor is a good all around.

If infantry with C4 is killing you excessively, then perhaps take an active gunner who stays aware if your surroundings and has microphone.

That applies to all E'S tanks.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

that's plain wrong. did you ever drive a magrider?

also, vanguard has more armor and the shield which increases its effective health even more. so there's no need to buff one faction's tank against infantry without giving other factions a similar treatment
    • Up x 2
  6. BadAsElite

The point I was bring up was the "passive abilitys" ES abilitys are not passive. Lockdown can rek infantry from great distance's to stop them from geting close to you. But this is not the point i'm trying to point out.

The Vanguard lacks passives, this is why when ever I look up on the MBT up time stats, the Vanguards has the lowest.
    And also the Vanguards have a higher death rate to C4 than both the other 2 MBTs aswell.
  7. BadAsElite

Well the Vanguard shield did get multiple nerfs. A buff like this would be fair and balanced towards the other 2 MBT's.
  8. Ztiller

The Magrider doesn't have a turret. Try again.
    • Up x 1
  9. Champagon

The BEST we got is Terrain handling and you are complaining about your iWin shield 1 hit quit Vanguard.

pls go. and stay go
  10. BadAsElite

Well when I drive up a steep road in VR I don't lose any speed what so ever. Vanguard has 5-7% more armour which is incredibly small advantage against infantry.
  11. Champagon

A steep road is different from climbing a hill. again drive a magrider in an actual battle and go for that hill with your butt towards the enemy, not only do you slow down but you are exposed
  12. BadAsElite

*terrain handling* was a typo, (how does that even sound like turret)? lol
  13. Lamat

• Up x 1
  14. BadAsElite

You don't have to have your rear exposed to the enemy you know. Can't you handle terrain facing towards your enemy?
  15. BadAsElite

16. Champagon

Actually no, every try to climb a hill or mountain backwards? Yea not happening. And magburn ONLY works going forward. you should really try a mag in an actual battle
  17. BadAsElite

Keep the mud slinging to yourself please. Lets have a constructive discussion.
  18. BadAsElite

This has nothing to do with what i'm implying, Situations happen like everything.
    Now back to the topic please.
  19. Champagon

This is a thinly veiled nerf the other MBT threads. Vanguard has it's own play style and you should play to it's strengths not cater to it's weaknesses. You want it to be good at everything and have no or minimal weaknesses and that is simply not fair

What the Van has
    Overshield
    Hard Hitting
    Great Armor
    Enforcer/Main cannon combo for ripping through enemy vehicles

What the Van does NOT have
    High Mobility
    Range
    Speed

it's a trade off, you can't have everything
  20. Lamat

In the thread I posted, I suggest making the shield a passive inherent quality of the tank. It addresses the "IWIN shield" complaint but also retains the Vanguard's durability and allows the driver to use more skill to enhance the Vanguard rather than a quick button. The shield is weaker, but recharges when not taking damage. I encourage all to check it out.

The Vanguard's new ability would be a powershot, increasing the damage of the next shot, but it possibly draws power from the same system as the shield, so the shield drops as though it just took max damage and has to recharge again.