Why HA is the best infantry killer class?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ethernalvoid, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Ethernalvoid

HA is a class made to fight vehicle. So why it have a 100 rounds gun that do MORE damage then other "normal" guns and it have a shield that can block bullets of infantry?
    The best infantry killer class should be the LA because it is, at least theoretically, the front-line infantry.
    There is nothing that HA cannot do: it kill with few bullets "normal" infantry, it have a rocket launcher that can kill tanks and it have a shield that can block everything. That's why 80% of the population use HA.
    My suggestion to balance this class is to reduce the bullets damage of machine guns and make shield can only block flaks (explosions) and heavy machineguns of vehicles.
  2. Rogueghost

In my opinion the lgm is one of the worst weapon in the game.
    I'v only killed around 30 something people playing as heavy, and over 1,000 as light assault.
    Back in beta I played heavy all the time too, it took me a while to figure out how much the lgm pissed me off.

I would play HA a lot more too if they didn't have that worthless lgm, give me an assault rifle or carbine.

EDIT- And what do you mean LA are front line troops? LA should never be on the front lines, they should be behind enemy lines causing havoc.
  3. Azimaith

I would argue LA are best at killing infantry just because they can ambush so well.

HA are made to fight anything, they're shock troopers and honestly, you're really exaggerating how powerful they are. Anyone in this game can get dropped in seconds by basically any gun. The shield, well it doesn't stand up well at all under fire. The rocket gives them a chance against tanks (though I'd argue its vastly worse than C4 on a LA for dealing with tanks.)

Light Assault, by their very nature and name, are skirmishers, not front line infantry. Front Line infantry are the people who get the most fire directed at them, something you want a shock trooper for, in short, the heavy assault.

Most of the populace uses HA because they're pretty easy to use. The shield is useful in any fight and the rocket lets them take pot shots at tanks without having to cert into anything. And in a game with so many tanks running around, having a rocket you don't need to cert into is a big deal.

As for nerfing them, it's not needed. They aren't overpowered at all. Once you play some you'll get the hang of the game and find that heavy assault, while good, aren't necessarily better than any other class (well other than infiltrator...)

Play LA and you'll find you kill them with great regularity simply because you can approach from behind.
    • Up x 1
  4. iNvex_AU

I would not call them the best infantry killer at all... so far I think all class's can kill infantry equally. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. HA has a lot more survivability than others, but our TTK is also slower... unless of course your a crazy Orion wielding nightmare... Oh how I miss that beastly gun... :(
  5. TehGrimZa

I don't seem to have any problems taking down tank or HA as my engi or LA. Grenade Launcher does wonders to those who are far enough away for it to arm and do its dmg.
  6. Ethernalvoid

I'm a LA player and a lot of time shields save the life against infantry (for example underbarrel shotgun cannot oneshot a HA if he use the shield) and lmg are a lot more accurate than normal carabines (for example no recoil orion) combined with 100 rounds. You cannot do always ambush attacks,when you are face-to-face with an HA it use shield and you die becouse he have the double of your life with more damage than you
  7. Twigifire

HA I have found to be the best infantry killer for full on charges and their shield helps a lot meaning you can basically kill 1 guy before you die. They also have the rocket launcher for taking out either land vehicles or air vehicles. BUT, they don't have anything to help people. They cannot give ammo, repair vehicles, heal people, hack terminals, fix terminals and cannot quickly rush bases and jet pack over walls like the LA can. Basically they aren't there to help maintain the force or base, they can only kill people and they're pretty good at it.
  8. Ethernalvoid

HA can kill vehicles at good range,it is more helpful than other tool other class have
  9. Azimaith

Yeah but you know they have shields, so why try one shot kills against them unless they don't see you coming?

LMG are not more accurate than normal carbines, and the orion most certainly has recoil. The TTK of starter carbines are universally shorter than those of starter LMG.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApH3DlM1yfRAdDJ5N2VoR3IxbEtTTnRRTE1taFVJdlE&output=html

And yes, you can beat HA one on one, you need to be more accurate than they are. They are in their element in a head to head fight, you are not, thus you have to outfight them.

HA rarely kill vehicles at long range because they can pull back and repair. Vehicle deaths almost inevitably happen up close when a vehicle makes a mistake and gets flanked. A LA with C4 is more competent against tanks in most cases than a single HA.
  10. NovaAustralis

Sorry OP have to fisk this:
    • Up x 3
  11. NightFall

LOL someone's mad from getting owned
    • Up x 1
  12. Twigifire

I found it easy to survive against a lot of HA in vehicles, if you take the beating until you have less than 1/2 half and reverse away to fix it, then drive back on through, you just can't go yourself at bases and if the HA have their rocket launchers out, send LA to go and clear them out when they are reloading. And I much prefer being engineer because of its diverse capabilities of repairing, the best vehicle pilot, ammo and with a gun as good as the LA class and tank mines
  13. Glowcat

You think the Light Assault class, the class that can fly around, was meant to be the front-line fighter? I'm struggling to follow the logic you used to arrive at that conclusion. Light Assault's advantage is getting into good positions and using its mobility to defeat enemies. Despite what you seem to believe, LMGs are not necessarily the best gun, and the TTK for most LA weapons when shooting a shielded heavy is just a split second longer. If you're having trouble try the automatic shotguns. I guarantee you'll not have much issue killing HAs.

I mean heck, the LA is even better than the HA in some situations when it comes to vehicle killing. Their flying ability lets them swoop down from a direction that is almost never covered and instantly destroy any MBT.
  14. Ethernalvoid

I have tried orion.Its recoil is a joke. Try to use the Gauss S

And yes,maybe LA can kill easily tanks but:

1) it need 700 cert to have 2 c4
    2) it need 200 infantry resurces for c4s
    3) it need to go to melee range to plant c4,instead HA can fire from a safe distance

Obviously the HA is the best vehicle killer,it is made for this,but it should be at the same "infantry power" level of an engineer
  15. Ethernalvoid

16. Azimaith

Yes, the Gauss Saw has bad recoil and most people think its a bad starter gun (which I am inclined to agree with.) What's your point exactly? The orion has significant recoil.

1: Yes, C4 costs certs, its also vastly superior for killing tanks (and sunderers.)
    2: Yes, and its better than rockets.
    3: All you need to do is fly over the tank and drop it. If an HA fires from anywhere in the tanks front arc the tank will see it and HE the heavy to tiny bits. The Heavy must similarly get up close so he can flank the tank and fire at the rear, otherwise he will lose the fight basically every time. His time to reload is horrendous and can only get a 2 shot kill from the rear. As soon as the first shot goes off the tank knows its being hit from the rear and can react. The moment the 2 c4 you drop goes off the tank is dead and can't do anything about it. Unless there are packs of HA attacking the same tank the HA basically has to do the same thing as the LA without the benefit of a jet pack plus he notifies the tank after the first shot and then has to survive for 5.2 additional seconds (or 5.7 for the decimator) reloading and remain at the tanks rear arc to kill it.

The HA is not the best vehicle killer except in large quantities. It goes like this.
    Best Active Solo Vehicle Killers:
    1st: LA with C4. (Jet pack allows for positioning above, drifter allows you to actually fly over the vehicle a considerable distance to drop.)
    2nd: Engineer with AT Mines. (No detonation requirement, get up close and drop.)
    3rd: HA with C4 (Shield gives it ever so slightly more resilience.)
    4th:Medic or Engineer with C4 (No shield, worse possible set up out of the above.)

The HA is the best group vehicle killer in infantry, but not the overall best.

And remember that's talking only about MBT type vehicles. Against sunderers there is absolutely no question the HA vastly worse than C4/AT mines.
    • Up x 3
  17. alecholman

HA have shields, not for infantry, but for when they step out to take on tanks and aircraft with their rockets. This gives them a fighting chance to stand up against these. The lmg you listed, the Orion, is indeed more accurate because it is Vanu, that has nothing to do with the fact that it is an LMG and it's superior.

Carbines pack quite a bunch and are very accurate; I find myself losing to LA all the time as a HA. They have vast maneuverability that HA do not have, especially since HA lose speed as they use their shield. HA also do not have double the life and do no do double damage. They may do more damage at the cost of RPMs, but that is entirely base on the gun.

Yes, HA does seem more user friendly because they have the ability to absorb more damage and have larger clips, but that hardly makes the best infantry killer.

-End long post.
    • Up x 2
  18. Glowcat

... Safe distance? Versus tanks? The long range AV weapons are bad unless you have an entire team with lock-on missiles at the ready, or are using them at close range when sneaking up on the enemy. Getting into close contact and planting C4 is the surest way to kill a tank and just because it's an expensive option doesn't make it any less effective.

While you're correct about the Orion, and don't even get me started on how amazing the aim is on a Pulsar LSW (love that thing on my Vanu), it's kinda irrelevant as all LA have accurate/powerful weapons of their own. Furthermore, as long as they're being played right, they will always have the better vantage which is far better than the meager difference in killing power between guns.
  19. Ethernalvoid

It is not easily as you said to kill a tank with c4. I use the drifter jetpack and yes,with it i can fly far but,drifter is slow and if you are spotted (and is is easy becouse it cannot go up) the tank it only need to come back and wait until you touch the ground and boom (most of times this is the story)
  20. Azimaith

If you get spotted by a tank as an HA or LA or basically anything with two legs you probably get exploded. That's nothing new.

Its vastly easier to kill a tank with C4 because the tank driver can't respond to your attack. He's doing stuff then he explodes.

If you're getting spotted a lot with the drifter I'd advise being higher up when you start, most tanks can't even elevate high enough to see you at a good height, also they're vastly more concerned with stuff on the ground.