Why Factionless Robots?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ketenks, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Blue_Lion

Sorry I did not see the date but I did more than just attack. As they where play testing them at the time I mistook it for a currant thread when I searched for what people are saying about it. What he was complaining about would not be a problem that is created by the robots, as they could already do it. But he was trying to shoot them down by drumming up fear about them creating a some special problem.

You on the other hand just attacked while not contributing to any discussion. (the pot calling the kettle black best case)

I think as it is a subscription feature now, they would need some sort of incentive to draw players to the faction. They have a short line to wait in so do not have a long wait to get in to play. The subscription players that are not fans of 1 faction over the others already likely have alts to play on all factions.

Basically why would I play a faction-less bot and not an alt from the under dog faction to avoid the wait times? What is the draw? Sure a completest might grind one up to have a max in every faction, but other than that what reason is there?
  2. Skraggz

Please point out where I made a character attack in my comment.

Also telling someone they are fear mongering is a far cry from contributing to a conversation.

As for the topic, I think its personally better to give it a month or 2 before changing what they intended.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tigre

Nanite Systems Operatives is not a good thing it will not help at all, the rest of what's going on is cool. people are going to go for the new class and we will have the same prob. you might as well take out all the fac. and leave just the new one. it will place you on a side that needs you and go at it.
  4. Blue_Lion

when you said
    "Why Necro a 6 month old thread to attack someone??? Seems odd, No? Kinda like your trying to pick a fight with some one."

See you accused me of trying to pick a fight. making it sound like that was all I did. That is a statement directly at my personal character, taking a partial my statement out of context as another attack on my character. I gave reasons for why I felt it was unfounded, addressing content that was being released, and why it would not cause any significant increase in the issues he was trying to make it look like they would. IE- people already can and do log in on charters not part of there favorite faction to try and disrupt the winning or loosing faction. So a factionless robot always on the loosing faction does not represent a significant threat in that area. Logically there was no reason to assume that the robots would cause a problem in that regard as you do not pick the faction to join(a key part of a sabotage/spy play).

Basically all you did was attack my character to try and make me look bad in your first reply. In your second reply you asked for me to point out where you attacked my charter. Then fallowed it up with attempting to again make it look like that was all i did, when I actually address what the poster I quoted was presenting as a reason that they where horrible idea. I showed why his post was not based in logic.

As I have addressed your question I have nothing left to say on this matter. If there is nothing else I wish you a good day.
  5. Skraggz

The assumption of you starting a fight is not a character attack unless you take any form of criticism as a character attack, and in this day and age I wouldn't put it past people.
    • Up x 1