Why DON'T you Squad Lead?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bvenged, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Erilis

I think this all has already been said but most squadies don't seem to pay much attention, as if they don't want to even be in a squad. Seems like some people may join just because they were asked and not because they had any inclination to. I bet most people that like squad play are probably already in an outfit and already in a squad.

Also, it's sometimes difficult to get enough members I've found.
  2. jiggu

I prefer sitting in silence judging everyone instead
  3. Tuco

I'm just here for the spawn point.
  4. NBnator

Basically what Bvenged already said. Compared to leading Outfit forces a Platoon full of random players is hard to manage and can also sometimes be a pain if there are disruptive players that keep joining over and over even though they were kicked. I prefer organized players that obey commands in a timely manner. Running a Public platoon also slows you down, making it hard to react to critical situations in Alerts. (Switching over to that critical Techplant on Amerish suddenly becomes a logistical nightmare).
    Additionally I always have problems with the ingame Voice. Sometimes it's not broadcasting at all, sometimes it broadcasts into the wrong channel...

As a start having a "successor" for disconnecting Platoon Leaders as well as a way of permanently kicking disruptive players could be a start.
  5. Tuco

They're hard to manage cause practically every platoon leader sucks. Try not sucking, and boring them to death with ghost caps, and players will follow you.
  6. reydelchicken

I don't squad lead because while I have a mic, other people in my house make too much noise via playing music, etc.

If I have some free time I do enjoy squad leading, but I very much prefer defending, and not much people are willing to do so.

Some of the most fun things to do are redeploying, pulling armour, and attempting to stop an ongoing enemy zerg. When you manage to succeed it's really nice.
  7. Scatterblak

Not to sound flippant, but I don't squad lead for the same reason I don't herd cats. It's an exercise in frustration, and the cats hate it.
  8. Suicide Trooper

There are only two reasons to squad lead:
    1. Bonus exp for reviving a sqad\platoon member
    2. Spawn point.
    I see no other benefit at all yet disadvantages are many - retаrded platoon leaders, who order you to warp to cap Amerish or fight on empty bases etc.
  9. Jachim

Hey I like WASP btw, great clan/outfit, played with them a lot in APB.

To answer your question: I have no friends to squad up with and open up a squad/platoon or I'd squad lead always. :(