why doesn't get the Infiltrator get a starting scout rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Exostrike, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Exostrike

I finally got fed up with the sniper rifles for the infiltrators that demand you can get instand headshots at 200m and are using an aim bot for close quarter fighting and trialed the automatic scout rifle.

The result is massive, you get a proper weapon that allows the infiltrator to actually get into a base while being able to defend itself yet is able to engage targets at range.

My only problem, such a weapon will require me to get 1000 certs to unlock. So why do we to spend so much to unlock such a useful/important weapon to the class. It would be really useful if there was a default scouting rifle that could introduce people to the class.
    • Up x 2
  2. Daimond

Go play TR or VS an you will start with that weapon.
  3. Chestor

It is quite absurd that you don't start with a weapon at least fitting of the name infiltrator. The way it is now it'd be like engineers having to spend 1k certs to get a repair gun.
  4. icesail

I do believe that it costs 1000 certs to max out the repair gun... so in a way they already know how it feels..... It would be worse if they gave you a fully automatic scout rifle with 1 bullet, and you would have to buy certs to get more bullets up to 20.....
    • Up x 1
  5. SeraphC

I agree with you on the weapon, there should at least be a free or cheap version of it.
    I'm going to say it again: your failure at landing head shots is yours only, nothing to do with the class being broken.

You're thinking about the wrong guns.
  6. icesail

VS medium range sniper (cannot remember the name) does have full auto option.......
  7. altonyc

The Phantom? I'm pretty sure the COF and recoil on that is a lot worse than the Nyx. Also, it has "scope" sway (even with iron sights).

It would be nice if the infiltrator started out with a shorter range gun (all the better to infiltrate bases), and had to cert into sniping as a "secondary" role. I mean, one of those roles pertains to the name of the class... and the other one is what the class defaults to.
    • Up x 2
  8. Daimond

Ya after re-reading it realized he was talking about CQC weapons, But he didnt realy state it that way.

Just as absurd giving a infile a 10 second cloak. Giving us CQC weapon to start with just makes it more absurd.

The only thing this class has going for them is Sniping and Procimity mines, and lest you get to start with the Sniper rifle.
    Now if we had a proper Cloak like PS1 then this is a different story.

Most of the problems with this class is that they acualy wanted a sniper class and an infil in the game but didnt want to really give either much of anything use full, so they combined the classes :) to make it realy bad.
  9. Alex Heartnet

The Gauss SPR for the NC is only 100 certs and works wonders at medium range. I just got done with a trial run for it and was impressed - it works quite well for blasting stuff just beyond close quarters combat. Should satisfy trigger-happy infiltrators much more then the bolt action.

Alternatively, I have heard of NC infiltrators no-scoping a shot with that bolt action before switching to their pistol. If all goes well the sniper shot to the torso will take out the enemy's shields, allowing you to finish off your enemy with the Mag-Shot pistol.

I assume the OP is talking about the Stalker scout rifle, which has more in common with carbines and assault rifles. It's almost like carrying around a Lynx, Solstice, or Mercenary on your inflitator (minus any ability to shoot stuff beyond CQC). Less forgiving to use though - the 20 round magazine is emptied in one second, and you need to hit with the entire magazine to kill an enemy.
  10. The King

But you can click click click so it is meaningless as holding it does not actually increase the fire rate...
  11. Lucidius134

You'de think that you would start out with the Close Range Bolt Action or Semi Auto and have to upgrade into the longer distance sniper ones, which forces long range to be specialized into and not the default weapon.....but no.