Why does the Vortex(previously Starfire) have rails?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Cryptek, May 1, 2013.

1. Cryptek

because if they're not gonna allow attachments for it, why the hell are they there? I doubt any one thinks they're pretty.
  2. OddChelsea

Because Sony has a rail fetish. You'll notice those rails on more things than that, that have no use for attachments. Just used for decoration.
  3. Rhiaci

Still waiting for that 12x scope for my Nano Repair Tool
    • Up x 4
  4. Ripshaft

It's standard procedure, they typically make all attachments for all weapons and then decide which to use for gameplay purposes. Not sure if it's any different with max weapons, but the rails would seem to suggest maybe.

I think the nano repair tool's more of a midranger, they'll probably only allow up to 6x, but without the 2x reflex due to the 0.75 ms modifier making it op.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cryptek

The difference is that none of the other MAX weapons have rails.
  6. Sabreur

While I agree that it is silly, I can think of a few reason why they might do it.

1. Visual style - leaving the top bare looked odd, and putting rails seemed better than nothing.
    2. Possibility for future changes - if they ever decide that they do want attachments for MAX weapons, they won't have to remodel.
  7. Ripshaft

Yes, I assumed this was the point of the topic. The original max weapons could be considered legacy models, they were made before the process was standardized. I mean it's still a dynamic system even now, considering they've changed it to require specific levels of detail and animation now, and they'll likely change it again in the future.
  8. m44v

Maybe the rails are for storage purposes.
  9. Rodek

I'd bet that the models were originally intended for a regular infantryman to use and were scaled up to MAX size so they wouldn't have make a new model.