Why does flak armor not protect against exploding turrets?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by kadney, Feb 2, 2014.

1. kadney

Even with maxed Flak armor, you instantly die when you are mounting a Mana turret that explodes.
    So I can take a rocket to the knee but can't stand at my turret when it explodes? :eek:
    This is terrible because sometimes you are not able to see incoming rockets / grenade shells until it's to late.. especially annoying when facing phoenix spamming NC.. -.-'
  2. Strikejk

Thats the risk of using a turret. It would be kinda lame if he just walks away like nothing or just rebuild his turret after you managed to kill it (especially the AI one)
  3. Emotitron

Being inside anything that explodes = death. No amount of armor is going to fix that. Exit said vehicle before explosion if you want to live. It is a bit odd that a turret is a vehicle... but there you have it.
  4. Moisture

A slight downside to a very powerful tool.
    NC have a amazing ability to abuse this. Phoenix launchers one hit Mana Turrets, Any they are always sitting still.
  5. Tentakewls

Cause when the turret explodes, all the pieces stab you and you die.
  6. Ceskaz

I suppose than manning a turret is equivalent to driving a vehicule. When a vehicule explose while you're in, you're dead.
    • Up x 2
  7. PastalavistaBB

The most OP $hit in the game should've at least one downside.
  8. Rikkit

If they ever remove this downside from the turret, damm than i would like to survive on my flash, and in the rumble seat of a harasser.
    But as long as they don't do this, whats about shut up and die?! (in your turret, not in RL)
  9. kadney

AI mana turret is op? Wow, didn't know that yet. :rolleyes:
  10. PastalavistaBB

I was referring to the AV Mana Turret, but AI Mana Turrets can be pretty annoying in CQ.