Why do you enjoy/like/love Planetside 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Oct 31, 2014.

1. DorianOmega

I personally enjoy the living hell out of PS2, so much so that when the devs make a decision that seems off it actually makes me mad, no other game I've played in the past 8 years with constant development such as this game has made me feel such an emotion from an overall perspective in the changes made for the game (unless a game dies but that's a whole other story). Its a sign of a really good game that you can actually feel more then apathy for a game when somethings implemented that doesn't please you.

So with that said I'd like to ask why do you, forumside, enjoy Planetside 2?
    For me its the massive potential this game has on top of an incredibly satisfying game feel that no other game has been able to achieve; Every entity from infantry to vehicles to aircraft are all actual players that can make a difference in the overall outcome of a battle in a way that most games cant even come close to achieve all the while featuring a massive scale that can leave you in awe as you find yourself in the middle of a 48+ v 48+ battle with visuals and sounds that are akin to an actual war and not some instanced map with background noises and mock visuals meant to fool the player into believing of such a game feel, you can get this feeling in your brain that can make you say out loud "holy ****" from the epicness that is PS2 that to date I haven't experienced in any other game.

This game is extremely awesome, it has the potential to be the next big name in gaming and with a PS4 release I hope that actually happens.
    • Up x 1
  2. -Synapse-

It tides me over till Eternal Crusade, mainly. But I do like it for its own merits, like being the only large-scale FPS on the market, some fairly interesting (though utterly neglected and abandoned) lore, solid base gameplay, and quite a few amusing moments. Plus Forumside and the Chatbox are always riveting battles in their own right.

Really I don't like the game, in fact I kind of hate it at the moment, but that's what hiatuses are for. :)
  3. Ribero

I don't know.
    I don't even know why I play anymore.

I guess it's a habit.
    Or an addiction.
    • Up x 3
  4. Palkora

I'll admit first time I played it I despised it. Eventually it grew on me but that sort of enjoyment I had with the game wore off and now I'm just playing because I invested money into it.

However during that period of enjoyment I realized how amazing and intense a full on large scale war game can be.
  5. JobiWan

I like the fact that you can play it your own way. You can join a squad or platoon, you can play lone wolf, you can be a pilot, or a tank driver/gunner, etc. You can make a Sunderer as support, or offensive and view it as disposable, or build it to last and defend it.

I find when I'm getting my arris handed to me, I switch class or pull a tank and just play differently for a while.

It's got its issues, but there really is nothing like this game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Sulsa

Love this game like no other since Halflife 14+ years ago...
    The steep learning curve, the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want to support your team, the hyper-awareness required to stay alive... OMG it's still awesome after 2 years for me :D
  7. MAXArmar

Killing stuff in PS2 feels strangely rewarding. The moment you down a full crewed Liberator with your bursters or blow up a Vanguard with Vortex-burst you'll know what I'm talking about.
  8. sIcGER

:eek:

k/d: 72.32 !!!!11!!1

whats wrong with you ? o_O

still play the game after almost 2 yrs now - there is just no other game like planetside 2... of course, sometimes its full of bugs what makes it nearly unplayable for many players and stuff like that, but planetside 2 is still one of a kind

planetside 2 RULEZ

(its sad how soe treats the game and community - but thats another topic)
  9. William Petersen

I don't even know why. I just like it. When it actually runs nicely. Which isn't often enough. =-\