Why do we have to have grenades?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by asdfPanda, May 25, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

Grenades are a valuable tool to some people. Concs and flashbangs allow the ability to close a gap quickly or clear a room. EMPs weaken enemies to create a more favorable engagement. Smoke grenades give cover. Sticky and frags kill people behind cover and flush out enemies. Decoys... do what?

However, I know there are some of us out there that don't use grenades, or don't find grenades all that useful. Why are we forced to have grenades, when we could have some other option?
  2. Zenanii

Grenades are an asset. If you chose to handicap yourself by not using them that's your problem, don't ask the game to compensate you because some of the tools availible are not to your liking.
    • Up x 4
  3. Peebuddy

Behold the power of sticky grenades!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. asdfPanda

I don't handicap myself; I do use them. I just thought it would be an interesting proposition if we could swap the grenade for something else.
  5. Peebuddy

Like extra ammo instead of a grenade? I like the idea of carrying more grenades at the expense of magazines, that way you could hold more with out the bandolier.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elkybam

Yeah the stickies do work quite well when being zerged in a tower and all those players just moronically standing in the "lobby".
  7. Peebuddy

That streak was actually at Allatum Botany wing, you know that alleyway between the flag and the cliff.

What a nice bundle of coconuts they were
  8. Zenanii

I'm all for adding more utility options/suits/abilities and grenade types, but swapping out the grenade slot completely makes no sense.
  9. z1967

They aren't grenades, they are homing projectiles that automatically seek out friendlies. Come on, this is day one stuff.
    • Up x 7
  10. Prudentia

ah stickies. the best weapon to freak out stalker cloakers.there is nothing as funny as a Cloaker running in panic from the grenade stuck on his face. but i respect the stalkers who can stay perfectly still while blowing up. less funny, but atleast they had the guts to play it out.
  11. asdfPanda

How? I think it would add a more interesting layer of customization. Outside of concs and revive grenades, I don't find grenades to be useful to may. Sure, they can be effective, but they aren't useful to me. If I could swap out a grenade and have, say, an extra clip of ammo, I would.
  12. Iridar51

13. JudgeNu

Grenades are great, but grenade physics in this game are atrocious.
    I rarely use them because they are so awkward.
    As many as I have thrown the trick still seems a mystery to me.
    I actually hate grenades in this game.
  14. Alarox

I would use grenades more, but we can't cook them in this game for some reason...

I like grenades. I do not like tennis balls.
  15. PieBringer

A smarter stalker would immediately run towards your friendlies. "Sorry, guys, that infiltrator carried my grenade to you."
  16. TheTickles

I would not mind being able to cook grenades as I find throwing them only useful if your a certain distance from the target. Hail marying grenades large distances is not all that enjoyable.

I know they still serve the purpose of clearing choke points for a push but I still feel it loses at lot of potential without cooking them.
  17. Taemien

We do have other options. More armor, faster shields, more of other things (rockets, C4, ect). Its just that you get one grenade slot for free as an option.
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

well i am glad we have revive grenades because:
    - it makes my medic life for spontaneous mass resurrections easier
    - i am a cert-hungry monster :3