Why do vehicles/aircraft even have windows if not being used?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 31, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

I say, if you can't see the pilot inside like in the Original Planetside, why even incorporate them the way they are now? Just make them solid like in the concept art below. That's even more futuristic anyway:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. AzureKnight

they probably wanted to implement something like the advertising art for this game where you see a LA gunning a pilot through a window, but it probably didn't work out right and (stupid) people would get tired of getting sniped.

But one thing with the plane windows I don't understand: Why do things like NV and IR go over your pilot's glasses and not the window alone?

I mean, when using said visions, your whole cockpit lights up when only the window should, unless of course it's your helmet which begs the plot hole of why you'd have to have separate scopes to use said vision elsewhere...
    • Up x 3
  3. TheBloodEagle

I think everything started off as "sci-fi / futuristic" but they ended up just going with reskinned WW2. =/
    • Up x 1
  4. JP_Russell

For the record, that old Galaxy cockpit makes no sense. The pilot has no way to get to the passenger compartment and vice versa. Seems like a very inconvenient design.
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

The Magrider was the very first vehicle i ever saw of Planetside. after that i exspected a design like in Ace Combat with some of Experimental planes, like the Forneus or the Fenrir of the PSP version Ace Combat X Skies of... something
    Those had a fully closed cockpit, with some LEDs scattered across the surface and a interior view that consisted of alot of hexagonal videofeeds. super SciFi and that game was more modern Military than SciFi.
  6. IamDH

I think they should reskin the identical weapon models first. I'm not disagreeing with your idea but i dont really think this will impact me as much as different weapon designs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Modern Ancestor

They got screwed by marketing in the form off sold custom windows.
  8. Tommyp2006

All they realky need to do is make a character model pop up in the pilots seat when occupied, I dont even care if its a default model, I just hate seeing an empty seat flying around.
  9. WyrdHarper

That's the main reason I've bought cosmetic cockpits--can't stand how silly it looks currently.
  10. Goretzu

In the far distant past (2003) technology was more advanced and you use to be able to see people in vehicles, have animations to get into vehicles and unbelieveably buildings even had doors! :eek:

The wonders of the past never cease to amaze! :D

(but yeah you're right, I hate flying my ESF without opaque windows in because it looks like a ghost-ship).