Why do TR assault rifles and carbines get level 2 ammo belt for free?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Athessu, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Athessu

Currently assault rifle and carbine ammunition is a limiting factor for medics and more importantly light assaults.

So can somebody without using the argument "because that's just how the TR are" or "why don't you just spend several hundred certs extra to get what I get default" explain to me why a TR light assault should get the equivalent of 2 free magazines extra ammunition. Especially since his VS or NC counterpart both have access to rifles with equal damage and rate of fire.

An NC and VS light assault gets a 30 round magazine and 150 rounds spare.
    A TR one for no logical reason gets a 40 round magazine and then 200 rounds spare.

I would suggest balancing the magazine size and spare ammunition capacity of weapons by their damage/rof and purpose; rather than blanket giving the TR a significant ammunition advantage on the class that most frequently runs out of ammo.
  2. Madmojo

I'm going to guess and say the answer is B. Because TR weapons fire faster. ;)
  3. Athessu

So you're saying that the TR weapons fire faster than something like the GD-7F? If so I would suggest you're full of it.

Why should our fast firing options be so much more limited in ammo than yours?

Which is why balancing around individual guns makes much more sense.
  4. 4set

Because their guns are weak, so they take more ammo to kill somebody..
    • Up x 2
  5. Jestunhi

• Up x 2
  6. Athessu

Again, that is simply not true.

Sure some of ours have more damage and function on less ammo. But we also have things like the GR-22/Carnage BR/GD-7F which are the same damage as TR alternatives, these are weapons that are automatically disadvantaged for no good reason.

Go and look at the damage of our carbines and assault rifles, the only outlying damage ones are 20 round magazines for a reason. The rest are just like the VS and TR options.
    This is not the same as the difference between a magrider and a vanguard, we are essentially using the same things in several of our weapon choices and they get gimped for no reason.
  7. 4set

The NC also have man guns that kick like mules, compaired to the brony guns of the TR..

Im just saying, you wanted to know why TR get the equivalent of a free ammo belt for free, and I was letting you know.. It is because their guns are weak, so to compesate for their bullets not hitting hard, they get faster RoF and larger magazine sizes.
  8. Jestunhi

Why should TR have the Prowler as a MBT, an MBT which is only useful against infantry and not tanks? Compared to the Vanguard and Magrider in an armour battle it is clearly inferior.

Different factions have different advantages and disadvantages. Balance does not have to be 1 NC HA does being equal to 1 VS HA which is equal to 1 TR HA.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rippinator

The damage per hit of the bullets are less. It's still 5 magazines. If you have 30 rounds in a clip x 5 clips that's your 150 rounds. TR have 40 rounds in a clip but they still only have 5 magazines for a total of 200 rounds. Make your shots count or stop by an ammo kit or resupply at a terminal. I know that's terribly hard to do.

Shhh...don't tell Sony but you can get ammo from any ammo kit laying there...friendly or enemy
  10. VKhaun

It's supposed to be a balancing factor for the number of people killed per clip, but it doesn't matter at all right now. 90% of the people I see shooting around me are still dumping entire clips on full auto and then reloading. Five mags basically means five shots to most people and seven kills to people who think they're good.

If people had learned the game likes you to burst and could get their nose out of the datasheets it would be worth talking about clip size vs bullet damage, but for now just about everybody still uses all guns badly and TR is not getting this advantage because people waste ammo putting 30/40 rounds at one target just like no one is getting the NC advantage of damage per bullet because they miss so much on full auto.
  11. Jestunhi

Yeah.

All the 167 damage assault rifles have 30 bullet mag, regardless of faction.

The 200 damage one (NC only) has a smaller mag, but no other factions have 200 damage ARs to compare it to. The only place NC have the smallest clip where all 3 factions have comparable weapons is the lowest damage ones, the 143 damage guns.

Carbine, as before no other faction has a 200 damage gun to compare to your 20 bullet mag and once again all the 167 damage carbines have a 30 round clip regardless of faction. Just like with AR it's only the lowest damage guns which you have a smaller mag.

So, uh, why is this a problem then? use the 167 damage guns and have the same mag size as everyone else at your level of damage.
  12. Littleman

Because the answer is precisely what you don't want to hear: that's the TR way. TR fire weaker fire arms and compensate with volume. The NC can mimic this with select weaponry, but ultimately are left with 30 round magazines. Typically, however, their CoF is a little tighter, and some of these mimics even come with a greater number of attachments. The Carnage BR has access to both an advanced laser sight and advanced foregrip, making it a strong all purpose gun to pick up. One would also do well to note that NC weaponry reloads faster than TR weaponry, so really, the trade off is reload times for extra staying power. A TR caught reloading is far more screwed than an NC caught reloading, especially without a round in the chamber.

TR won't ever really match the NC. The SABR-13 is designed to be the "long range" rifle of TR medics. What it really amounts to is a standard issue Gauss rifle: 30 round magazine, heavy kick (in BOTH directions, so it's harder to control for precision) and only two firing modes in single shot and two-round burst. Two-round burst. Who the **** does that? At least make it three round, SOE!

TR carbines can't match an NC power-built carbine. There's only one LMG, the TMG-50, that competes on the damage level of standard NC weaponry. Finally, no gun in the TR arsenal can match the 200 damage shots of several NC weapons. Hell, the NC's rebel kills in FOUR shots, at 250 damage a round. If anything, the NC have the widest variety of weaponry in game. The TR's are mostly samey, the biggest differences being varying rates of fire.
  13. Jestunhi

The only difference between amount of mags carried between factions is on the special weapons (MCG, Lasher, Jackhammer), the rest are the same (6 or 4 mags, depending on weapon type).
  14. CommodoreFrank

If you're with the team, there should be plenty of engineers dropping ammo. Maybe you're one of those guys that runs off the second I place ammo near them.
    • Up x 2
  15. Rippinator

My point exactly. Each faction/class has the same amount of magazines unless you cert into more. Heavy's with LMGs get 3 magazines. Carbines/Assault Rifles get 5 magazines. Add 1 magazine to those totals if you want to count the chambered rounds.
  16. lsp1

You'll never get anywhere in these forums, people either don't know the facts or disregard the fact's because they're biased.
  17. Krizzen

TR weapons take SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER to reload.

(from the data files, reload times)

[VS] Pulsar VS1 1750
    [NC] Gauss Rifle 2050
    [TR] T1 Cycler 2800
  18. Jestunhi

Anyone who disagrees with you does it out of malice, eh?

See the final line of my forum sig.
  19. Meh.

This is correct, Also the post above about reload. It takes me about 10-12 shots when i shooting at about 10m to kill with tr weapon. Takes me about 6-8 shots with NC. I believe Vs is the only unbalance one high rate + reload with low damage and little recoil, it is there but it's so little u hardly notice when it shifts while in combat.
  20. Tungsten

I Dont use assualt rifles and havent used any carbines but he defaults for Vanu and TR but i can tell you the big disadvantage for the Trac 5 is its reload time. As the class that reloads the most often this leaves you walking into enemies while your inspecting your gun for scratches. Theres also a high bloom of inaccuracy when you full auto a clip but thats not as much of a problem. Point is i want to cert into extra clips just as much for TR as i do for Vanu.