Why do so few people bother repairing MAXes at a terminal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crywalker, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Devrailis

This. Smart turret placement in doorways and stairwells can make a big difference when trying to defend a building with a small group of people. You don't need to - often you shouldn't be - manning that turret, but just having it sit there and be in the way can slow down a rush of enemies into a manageable trickle.

Wrong, with the current AA balance, 1 AA MAX can chase away 2 ESFs if he's good with his bursters. Just because you don't play with competent MAX players doesn't mean we all do.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=Devrailis

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=Divinorium

Wrong again Bob. Its guys like you who are just another notch in MY killstreak.
  2. Clutchstep

You don't get repair xp from friendly fire, so if this was part of some master plan to get easy xp, it didn't work. More likely they those guys were just being jerks.

Another reminder for non-engineers, there is a bug with the glue gun that makes you randomly switch to your primary weapon sometimes. So if the engineer is holding down the trigger and not paying attention, thinking he's repairing you, its possible he'll be shooting you in the back until he notices the bug has struck.
    • Up x 1
  3. DankFist

This is false. I do it routinely.. If you can't do it you are bad at AA.
    • Up x 3
  4. Nailcake

You clearly dont know what a good MAX can do.

noob MAX? What if said MAX is a proper player but part of a squad which is too lazy to repair him? He doesnt get any because you refuse to repair any that arent in your squad. You keep talking of noob MAXes but not everyone is noob, thus you fail at helping your team. Stop failing your team.

tl;dr you are making them cannon fodder

End of story really
  5. Xaturas

What o_O.
    mines/c4/grenades are common pool you don't loose them by swaping ... same goes for planted mines and other crap.

As for thread, get nano repair at least lvl 1 cert, I did and I no longer care about low dmg. When I get badly hit there's usually enough engies around.
  6. Spartan 117

This guy summed it up nicely
  7. Divinorium

You mean these ESF/LIBE who hover? Oh yes... these i one shoot with my HA.

I'm talking about ESF/Liberator that know how to play, come in kill a tank and get out. GOOD pilots... but well you play with the zerg i don't think you face alot of these.
  8. {joer

Both condescending and wrong at the same time.

A good max might not kill a good esf pilot, but a good max will make a good esf pilot go look for kills somewhere else. Good esf pilots don't risk dying like that.
  9. Divinorium

NO. a good pilot, and i already said in other topic you aren't one, will risk their vehicle trying to take down a important enemy.
    A noob who think he is good and just want to farm will go elsewhere.

No matter how good you think you are, if you are killing objectives without defenses it's because they aren't important to begin with.
  10. Santiak

By that definition, it's only the good pilots that get killed without doing much in the way of damage to an enemy force.
    Any ESF that does a prolonged strafing run with pods will be heavily damaged by any decent AA MAX if there is one, more so if he attempts to get off much more than that.

A "good" ESF pilot, in my book, is someone who keeps the skies relatively clear so friendly Liberators can get in and lay waste to the enemy forces in a given area - while possibly taking out/spotting enemies trying to flank around or set up shop elsewhere, not someone who focuses on "important" (which may as well read "well defended") ground targets, deals mediocre damage, and takes heavy damage in the process, as opposed to, as previously mentioned, keeping the skies clear.

If that definition of an ESF pilot comes within the vicinity of a Sunderer defended by an AA MAX, they'll take some amount of damage while getting out, as opposed to trying to take 2/5 of the Sunderers health, 4/5 at the most, lose their ESF, and hope someone else will try the same thing before the Sunderer is repaired.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bruiserdog

I know exactly what you are talking about. No repair or ammo for maxes, yet they cry about craft spam what maxes can help take care of it. They sure don't have an issue about repairing tanks, even then they cry or chase you down when you accidentally run them over when its there fault for getting in the way.
  12. Divinorium

I said Pilot and important target.
    By that you can say A ESF who keep the skies clean.
    A ESF Squad who snipe the well defended enemy sunderer.
    A liberator that push the enemy column back.

Again i'm talking about high level of play here, not something you see frequently in this game and in these days but it does exist.
  13. KariH

I have wondered many time W*T*F when I try to repair and sudenly there is gun in my hand. I havent killed any max but shooted many yes.
  14. DankFist

Wrong on both accounts. I like how you assumed I roll with zergs though, quite hilarious. I wonder, how far up your *** did you have to reach to grab that one?

You remind me of this kid yesterday named profosho, he was gloating saying after someone yelled out his location "good, more kills for me" so I grabbed my MAX and went over there and killed him. Afterwards he was apparently so butt-pained that he took the time to look up my stats on PSU sent me a /tell and called me a vehicle wh*re because my main is an engineer.

Anyways even the good pilots get chased away, sure I may not get the kill but they'll also know better than to come near my area again.
  15. Sapare

Guilty as charged(mostly of the first). You know how invincible you feel while it goes all like "you are being healed!"... yeaaaa
    (I am main LA though, and I had a number of maxes drag me into death fights when I switched to engi to repair them, so all is cool. Just respawn and keep playing)
  16. Xaturas

Glue gun changing to weapon only happens after you drop ammo pack and instantly switch to glue gun.
    Its so easy to avoid shooting anyone, as long as you are not a blind 1 handed goat.
  17. Veri

Unfortunately I am one of those people who do not often change to engineer class when at a terminal.

If I am out of the battlefield as an engineer it is a totally different story.
    I see my job is to repair primarily and fight secondary.
  18. Raital

It goes both ways. If I'm a MAX and you repair me, I'll go out there and soak up the rounds that have your name on them. If you don't, I'll quietly watch you die from the spawn room while I sit there and hit what I can hit without risking my 10% HP, 100 inf resource with a cooldown MAX suit. I have absolutely no issue with either of these options, so it's up to the other players how they want to have it.
  19. hostilechild

You should bribe one of them with a 12pack of their favorite beer :D I use to bribe my son to play engineer in biolab fights, then he realized how amazing the exp was and begs me to play MAX. :p If i die he swaps to medic since few realize they can rez a max. Now if i could get him of League Of Legends more often it would be great.
  20. TheEvilBlight

Maybe they'll bring back repair pads like in PS1...