Why did this hotfix require being pushed during primetime?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HittingSmoke, Nov 12, 2015.

1. HittingSmoke

Looking at the patch notes this seems benign. Nothing really game breaking is being patched. So why was it pushed during Pacific primetime instead of going out at the usual 4-6AM PST patch time?
  2. Cheetoh

Cuz getting up early is hard to do.
    • Up x 2
  3. RedArmy

it introduced some new game breaking bugs
    • Up x 1
  4. Exitus Acta Probat

I'm guessing from they way its worded that the Heroic boost from the bundle was able to be applied to all characters on the account when they only meant for one character to have it.

Just a guess though.
  5. ALN_Isolator

This along with other things.

PoV issues
    Commisioner AE reload animation spontaneously turning the gun into a giant black tentacle monster
    Heroic boost duplication (apparently, cannot confirm)
    Solid color camo issues
    Lasher AE wasn't totally finished
  6. Agent White

At my work if I did a change during prime time (which would never get approved in the first place, especially for something with such minor operational impact) and then exceeded the change window, didn't back out and didn't provide updates, I'd probably lose my job :)

Supposedly a half hour outage -> https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-11-12.235328/
  7. Cheetoh

Good job DBG. Guess I'll turn in and play ghost cap in the morning.
    • Up x 1
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Seriously? the tentacle monster?

If this is the case then i may need to get on my pc account lol.
  9. JobiWan

One thing I noticed that isn't in the patch notes is that sunderers and spawn beacons now show the owner/outfit name, which can be useful.
  10. Goretzu

Welcome to playing PS2 outside the USA. :p

Sensible companies like do their maintance on the global player minimum time (which usually works out at ~10am-1pm GMT), even SOE/DBG used to do that once upon a time I'm sure, or they stagger thier update times between the server locations.
  11. ALN_Isolator

The reload would suddenly freak out and the model would warp into long black strands and have a seizure for ~3 seconds.

It was glorious.
    • Up x 1
  12. HittingSmoke

That's 2AM-5AM PST (DBG local time). That's just slightly earlier than they usually do them in my experience.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

That sounds hilarious lol.
  14. D4sH4

15. Exitus Acta Probat

16. D4sH4

in regard of current events i want to humbly suggest you read the title of this thread.
  17. Kdog559

It's not even prime time yet. People here on the pacific west coast don't get off of work until or around 2-6 pm.That's when the real fight's happen.
  18. D4sH4

haha! i love every chance i get for this oneliner:
    the world does not end at the borders of your united states!
  19. DrostenVS

20. D4sH4

nice try, but who gives a crap about what kind of downtime it is ?