Why did they stop releasing content

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maximus, Oct 12, 2013.

1. maximus

ALL servers or bleeding people quitting right and left. Its pretty much waste of time playing during none peak hours.
    Why would they stop putting content out to speed a game up with everyone moving on to different games? I really do not get it this should have been a concern when servers where packed not when its deserted almost. Even during alerts I only see 2-5 platoons nothing like it was 10-15.

Grats planetside 2 speed up a game so EVERYONE can see the lack of content. Hossins been sitting on tester server forever. And im sorry i spent $80 on my processor quad 4.7 and it runs this game like a boss. I really hope they did'nt do this just for ps4 because planetside 2 want have a chance....
  2. lothbrook

They're doing it so people don't have to spend $80 to play their free to play game... I'd imagine more people have left because of the game being almost unplayable in the situations planetside 2 promises to excel at, which is large scale warfare, than the lack of content releases.

Personally i get drops into the teens in the largest fights and its just not very fun playing at that framerate, in mid-large fights 25-35 depending on location, small fights well over 40, so typically if i see 48+vs48+, i avoid it like the plague.
    • Up x 1
  3. IamDH

Because having a game that runs is more important than having new content weekly.

Planetside runs great for you? Good for you then. Unfortunately that is not the case for many people

Currently, i do not have FPS problems because i bought a new computer. The computer i had before this one froze every time you look in a direction
    • Up x 1
  4. daniel696

They are now working on optimization, we will see new content probably in the end of the year, 2-4 months on optimization as SOE said, then, end of the year in max.
  5. Pikachu

They are trying to make the game run better on average computers, instead of being limited to elite computers.
  6. maximus

Ya I don't think people are just starting to leave because performance because this game doesn't have 1/20 of the people it did have. And me personally I have never had a problem player since alpha. There is lag but you have to expect it at some point having 500 people same area.
  7. Lucidius134

Because they need to have it running on PS4 before PS4 launches. (This isn't bad or anything but yeah they really procrastinated optimization over content for the past 2 years)
    • Up x 1
  8. maximus

Im just curious seem like the only people chatting or people that work for blizzard guess I should try other forums later bitces
  9. lothbrook

People didn't just start leaving, they started leaving a long time ago, and i gaurantee more of them left because of FPS issues than content issues.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadliestMoon

If only there were 1 universal machine they have to code for instead of dozens upon dozens.
  11. DeadliestMoon

This would be true if Planetside 2 was being released on launch of the PS4, but it's not.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lucidius134

Not sure if you're a bad troll or if you've been living under a rock but it really is going to be released on the PS4. I can get a source if you don't believe me
  13. IamDH

I believe he was referring to the date of PS4 launch
  14. Lucidius134

Oh i see.

It should be out for launch window..
  15. Ganelon

The computer you had before this had an Intel HD4000 graphics card.
    • Up x 1
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

the strange thing is they probably would have never bothered with optimization if the game wasn't going to be released on PS4 in the first place. right now, i think they can forget running this game on that console, it would probably not even run with 64 players on a quarter size of indar.

therefore, dont forget, they aren't out for doing PC users a favor with this optimization. they want to expand market share and release their game on PS4 too in order to increase revenue in the long term. either way, additional content and optimization helps them generate the profit they need since free2play games dont generate profit from retail sales
  17. TommyXXL

:eek: imagine the rage after the so called game optimization when people will find out they still can't play a 2013 game with a 100$ pc.
    • Up x 1
  18. IamDH

I was referring to myself as an example

I am aware my computer was not fit to run planetside. Some people have decent computers and still can't run the game well (from what they have said anyways)
  19. Shidhe

Back at SOE Live they said it wouldn't be out at launch, but early 2014. Not sure if they started putting out new dates since then.
  20. Pikachu

The new hats are on vanu lab's videos so maybe they will bd released next week.