Why Connery NC, as a whole, are horrible.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raraldor, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Earthman

So you're saying that situational awareness, ammunition economy/timing of reloads, wise choice of loadouts, firing position, coordinate with others, anticipation of enemy maneuvers and tactics, none of this is "skill"? The only thing that matters is how quickly you can plink things with a sniper rifle?

Please. That attitude's part of what's sinking NC's "skilled" players.
    • Up x 1
  2. Raraldor

individual player skill is all of that, except maybe the coordinating with others one, that's more of a trait than a skill. I didn't explain myself fully yes, but please don't put words in my mouth.
  3. RobotNinja

All I'm saying is if you're going to blame everyone in your entire faction and server for sucking because there's a bunch of pubs sitting in a spawn room...at least find something more believable to blame your suckitude on, because every spawnroom of every faction in every server at any time of day is full of pubbies scratching their butts.
  4. RobotNinja

There are enough outfits. Perhaps, you should be the person to spearhead an outfit alliance where you get together and coordinate multiple outfits over mumble/teamspeak.
  5. Raraldor

There is currently an attempt at that, or was. I don't know where it ended up exactly. The only big outfit that was on board with it though was the 666th as far as I am aware.
  6. Earthman

Huh. Well apparently there's two slightly more "skillful" clones of me playing on the same account on the same server, then.

I do just fine on Vanu and TR, yet on my NC character, I'm usually quite alone, even in a crowded room. Everyone's so busy whining in /yell about Strikers or how they just got "zerged" that they pillbox up in spawn rooms and I'm on my won scratching out a kill here and there, trying to drop some boom-booms on the enemy Sunderer. Alone.

So in short, you're wrong. My "suckitude" seems to only apply to the clone of me that plays NC, if I'm mistaken there.
  7. Bill Hicks

From what I cant take from all the posts I've read, and my day 1 exp on Helios, is that Connery ( helios) are the worst NC in the galaxy. I really think that all the good leaders and community just didnt go NC on our server. Everyone is a slobbering lemming except maybe ODIN and sometimes 666.

Our air has improved, but our armor is incredibly dumb and too scared to move up. They rely on the vanguard's long rang ability and hope the enemy does not have a group of engineers helping their armor move up.
  8. Raraldor

Hey now :p this isn't about me sucking, my outfit and I can get stuff done nicely. It's more of a message to all the people talking about how we are losing cause we are hard mode or how we are underpowered and the VS are obviously OP or whatever you want to say.
  9. xThundergodx

Thats not strategy it is common sense, and it is seriously lacking on TR/NC. It is like others said, it is not that the VS are any good because they are terrible with a few exceptions it is just the TR/NC manage to be worse.

It really bothers me that alot of people either cant see or just dont care about things that are basic, like on a biolab alert i was on couple days ago VS had 7 biolabs at one point, the logical thing for anyone that is not completely ******** would be gang up on them. That is not what happened though, TR/NC were more than happy spending the entire alert fighting over Indar Top Biolab and handed the VS the victory on a silver plate. Most alerts are won or lost based on NC/TR or both incompetence, they either do something that defy logic or they dont even show up for the alert (quite common for the TR in off peak hours), the VS on the other hand shows up on any alert with more consistency and they behave in a less moronic matter.

Quite sad that the bar is so low on Connery that all it takes to win is to show up and not be brain dead.
    • Up x 1
  10. RobotNinja

Well, the NC obviously isn't for you then. If you're "usually quite alone" you might try one of those crazy squad/platoon/outfit thing-a-mah-jigs.
  11. RobotNinja

Yeah, well I'm not saying you do suck. My real point is that the same pubbies are in every faction on every server 24/7. If you want to control the pubbies sitting in spawnrooms shooting each other then invite them to squad, platoon or outfits then give them meaningful orders. Otherwise, you can complain at a wall for the amount of good it will do but blaming them without providing direction does little good.
  12. anaverageguy

I've only recently returned to playing my Connery NC, which was my favorite back at launch when I tried them after reading numerous threads filled with complaints regarding NC weapons -- long story short, I loved the weapons (still use stock) and have called bs on "hardmode" claims ever since.

Even in the last week, after switching back from playing TR and VS (mostly TR), it was quite obvious that the NC players on defense had some serious issues with breaking out of the spawn rooms when camped.

The core issue seemed to be (an anecdotal observation, obviously, so take it as you guys will) to be that people weren't willing to adapt to the situation, whatever the reason may have been; even after I provided routes to take via /re (that I myself scouted out and temporarily cleared as LA) as well as key target locations, there were a number of cases in which the majority of NC players chose to stay holed up at spawn and shoot at the few enemies that happened to peek around the corners.

The most irritating part was that they were "playing" like this when we weren't even outnumbered.

What needs to change, in my opinion, isn't that the players need to learn to play, it's that those of us that care need a better and more visual-oriented method of providing intel to nearby allied players without requiring that they be in a squad. Not everyone wants to be grouped, after all.
  13. HadesR

Pretty much TBH .. I know during prime time /re and order channels are very often deathly silent .. Yes plenty of players will ignore any directions given that's fine , but atm they have nothing to ignore so those wanting that direction and guidance are just doing their own thing as well.

It's something I'm guilty of myself

Ie: Biolab outpost is spawn camped by enemy tanks .. Logical choice for me is to redeploy to the Lab itself and get set up on the landing pad with a Lock-on .. Kinda need to be suggesting that in /re as well for those that the thought hadn't crossed their mind.