[Suggestion] why can't you...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarox, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Ragnarox

Make VS weapons like the spyker? I am not talking about its stupid performance, i am talking bout futuristic looks that it have and reload animation. And that sound is something new. All VS weapons are similar looking with almost same sound when firing...(except spyker, lasher, phaseshift and that awful terminus). At least its not that hard to make new sound effects if you can't afford remodeling (which could attract new/old players to start playing).
    • Up x 1
  2. Dualice

Again with the Terminus bashing? Am I the only one that likes the sound it makes?

I agree though, the VS arsenal is rather samey. Models like the Lasher and Ursa are pretty nice.
    • Up x 1
  3. BobSanders123

I feel like the spiker is more magical than technology based.
    • Up x 2
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

well, apparently it's too hard for them to make new sounds. that explains why most sounds suck in this game and have been sucking for such a long time now. and i don't understand why they don't plan on doing a sound pass on NC, NS and vehicle weapons - like they did for VS and TR infantry weapons

almost all of the game's sounds are terrible and not modern at all, like they've been directly taken from a 1990s Unreal Tournament game and kept like that without further adjustments. they lack authenticity, reverb, modulation, creativity, anything that makes sounds believable and great to listen to. which is really sad because the devs CAN deliver good sounds if they want to. see TR Repeater, probably the best-sounding weapon in the entire game (because it actually sounds like a firearm..duh)

needless to say, Battlefield4's sounds put this game's to shame - no contest
  5. Ragnarox

Yea making every weapon sound different could make usable some never used guns :D
  6. radrussian2

i know. they take the same model of a gun add a different stock to it and call it a day. its lazy.
  7. BobSanders123

Battlefield 4's weapon diversity put this game's to shame
    Battlefield 4's 3D models put this game's to shame
    Battlefield 4's environments put this game's to shame
    Battlefield 4's capability to have a defined theme put this game's to shame
    Battlefield 4's sprinting, weapon, transition, and vehicle animations put this game's to shame
    Battlefield 4's more stable game engine put this game's to shame
    Planetside 2's launch put Battlefield 4's to shame.
    Planetside 2's faction diversity put Battlefield 4's to shame.
    Planetside 2's everyone on a single map experience puts Battlefield 4's 64 player map edge over Call of Duty to dust.
  8. vsae

Yeah all that EXCEPT battlefield 4 doesnt lag horribly on what is announced for maximum scale and Planetside was developed with super computers in mind.