[Suggestion] Why cant we steal guns.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Monnor, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Monnor

If we could pick up guns of other faction, which unlock them in our store after, it would be nice.
    This would maybe end all talking about.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

I would like to be able to steal vehicles instead.
    • Up x 1
  3. Monnor

Thats something for infiltrator suggestion, and allready asked for alot of times.
  4. Pikachu

Oh. It would be awesome to get to drive one of those double barreled red tanks.
  5. Oheck

Sooo...what you are really asking for are free guns...
  6. illgot

yes and no. It is a HUGE amount of fun to take your enemies weapons and see what they are using. Especially if you are an Infiltrator and steal an enemy shotgun :)

It's just fun and opens a whole meta game that allows players to diversify their tactics.
  7. vaxx

I want me some NC guns. Seriously. Give me an ACX11 on my TR LA, and I would be happy.
  8. MarkAntony

Because theft is illegal ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Dvine

CoD is -------> way

****!
  10. illgot

CoD also has guns and grenades so what's your point?

And I should mention that picking up a dead enemies weapons is a feature in Planetside 1.
    • Up x 1
  11. Malec

It's from PS1 actually, nice try though.
    • Up x 1
  12. Monnor

Maybe the word store was not clear enough seems.
    If you pick up a enemy gun , you can use it until you log out, but it should unlock it for your weapon store, so you can buy them for SC/Cert.

Free, you are nuts.
  13. illgot

That is a bit too long to have access to a weapon you picked up. You should only retain the weapon for as long as you use the class you picked the weapon up with and as long as you do not die.

If you die or change classes, that weapon vanishes because it is not part of your standard build.
  14. vaxx

Black Market. 5k SC minimum, for another factions weapons, only buyable after you "looted" 15 or so, due to having to reverse-engineer damaged weapons in order to build a new one. Maybe even 1 bar lower on all stats in order to keep it fair.

Just my 2 cents.
  15. Steve L. Duelist

oh the owners are dead, they wouldn't mind
    • Up x 1
  16. Monnor

How long your picked up gun is avaible i dont care, i talk about something like trophy unlocks for your store. You got a gun from a enemy, and if you want to use them longer, you buy it.

Well i think it should be possible , i mean , you kill someone with a better gun then yours , and you stay there and say, no i will not take it, cause its wrong to steal, but killing not ?
  17. illgot

Given time something like that would only water down the uniquness of the factions.
  18. Monnor

What uniqueness, some guns were in PS1 common pool. The only "problem" with this, and why some will not let it happen, is the fear to get their own medicine.
  19. Pikachu

Let them keep the weapon untill they die, not be able to resupply it or it's ammo again.
    • Up x 1
  20. NCf00

... because everyone using Solstice and Orions is fun. Might as well just be Quake.