Why cant heavies use assault rifles?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MintiFresh, Dec 14, 2012.

1. MintiFresh

I've been wondering for the longest time why they can't use assault rifles and the only class that can is the medic. I don't understand why the only viable weapon beyond close range that's available for a class that's supposed to be on the front lines is a weapon meant for suppressive fire.

Is there any chance that SOE would consider making AR's available to the heavy assault?
  2. TheBloodEagle

Probably because the Assault Rifles are more accurate and people would think HA would be more OP since it's the most versatile class (my opinion). I do want an assault rifle though, at least the NS-11 since it's common pool. Every faction gets it for Medic.
  3. DeadlyShoe

ARs are better than LMGs, for the most part.

It's what compensates the medic for having no particular combat tricks, like HA shield, engineer utility, or LA jetpack.
    • Up x 3
  4. TheBloodEagle

Yea, definitely gives them the "combat" part of their name. You said it better than me.
  5. Cookiepiledriver

LMGs are the heavys handicap for having the shield like others have mentioned. AR are the best mid-range weapons in the game, so that's officially medic territory.
  6. Esxraptor

the ability to heal himself and his squad is a pretty neat "combat trick" :)
  7. Cookiepiledriver

Thing is that the shield gives him the ability to survive for that marginal half a second longer than any other unit, making him more valuable in an organized team with a medic than another medic in his position.

Of course the damage reduction shield is even more valuable in combination with a medic. This game is based on team dynamics more than anything.