[Suggestion] Why buy camos when I only see them on the sleeve of my shirt?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheArchetype, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TheArchetype

It would be nice if you could actually see the rest of your body in first person. I really don't see the point in buying camos for infantry when you only see them on your sleeve.

I think more people would buy things (I certainly would) if I could see the things I bought.
    • Up x 1
  2. omega4

Agreed.

Some players just have too much money to spend.

At least with vehicle camos, you can view the vehicle in 3rd person. Not so much with the uniform camos.
  3. Duvenel

4. TheArchetype

I think you misread my post..
    Camo previews are a whole different issue. I just want to be able to see my infantry camo on my body (show legs and torso in first person).
  5. Zer0range

Strange thread ... the point with camouflage is not to be seen by the enemy.
    • Up x 2
  6. Xericor

I was thinking the exact same thing. Im not a big fan of spending money on cosmetics, but I like some of the camos, however Im putting off buying them, until I can see my character in them.
  7. Duvenel

You're right, I did. My bad. :oops: You do have a point though. Maybe once(if) they introduce spectator mode it might allow for viewing yourself more.
  8. illgot

I love third person shooters where I can actually see my character, but it we will never be able to see more than just our arms in this game.
  9. DiedTrying

You know what first person is? Do you routinely look at the pimples on your back without a mirror in real life?
  10. RedPsycho

I don't think you'll ever see a spectator mode or a kill cam. How'd you feel as a LA or Infiltrator to have your nice position given away to the unaware because of a spectator or kill cam.
  11. HMR85

Its not going to happen nor should it. Third person wall humping was a annoying feature in PS1. It should not make a return in PS2.

Look at your character while your doing your load out if you want to see what you look like.
  12. Rusky

Just hit Esc and go to your profile where you can admire yourself all you want :p

Camos are meant to make you harder to spot not be a fashion statement.
  13. Sharpe

I've tried... I ended up with a neck sprain. :oops:
  14. daicon

I'm guessing you've never seen Alpha Squad camos? Camos in this game are cosmetics for personality (fashion statement).

But I understand that people like you buy them because you think it gives you a slight ingame advantage. Go for it.
    • Up x 1
  15. DiedTrying

paying money so someone else can see how 1337 you are is gooberish.

I'd only spend money on Giraffe or Zebra camo for the lols.
  16. Brewergamer

I bought armor camos because when I kill people I know they think I'm cool. Oh and you can also see weapon camos better, so buy those my dear son.
  17. Zorro

True first person (where one can see his body by looking down) would be a great improvement. In addition, not many games have it, and it would set Planetside 2 apart.
    • Up x 1