Why are we still in beta?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dornez, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dornez

Why anyone would spend money on a game in beta is beyond me.

Massive optimization bugs

Faction overpopulation based on time of day. IE NC rule at night, TR during the morning, and VS at noon, just an example.

Faction OP/UP balancing

TTK still way too low. Who shot first = winner

Still no sancts

Every gun looks the same

Thumper, still waiting on it

No cheat protection at all. Hackers run live streams and laugh while players get banned for using sweetfx

Bases are still way too big, either way too easy to defend, pop out behind shield, fire rocket, go back into hiding. Or not defendable. Spawn tubes sitting out in the open where tanks can farm you.

Faction based HA weapons? Lol

Faction based stuff. I really hoped to be rid of common pool EVERYTHING. Still highly disappointing.

Sundy AMS? How bout AMS AMS. Sundys and gals are transport/gunships not spawn points.

If you spent money on this game good for you.
    Till a large amount of these problems are fixed. I will keep waiting. At least there have been a few good console games in the last year I can play through again.
  2. Jestunhi

Same thread created in every MMO just after launch.

Much of your complaints are personal preference, not "fixes" (exceptions being bug fixes, optimization, cheat protection, etc)
    • Up x 1
  3. wolfva

I read the post, but all I saw was, "wahh wahh waaaah wah wahhhh" I felt like I was watching a Charlie Brown special when the adults were talking.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tobax

All games have bugs but PS2 is far less buggy then other MMO's I've seen launched
    The TTK has not made it who shoots first wins, people often moan they shoot someone who then turns around and kills them
    Sancs are not coming back, each empire will have 1 warpgate each with the rest capturable once next 3 conts are added
    Thumper is not coming back, spam was bad and with such high nade damage they've already said no to this weapon
    Game just launched so the bases we never going to of been fixed in such a short time
    Faction HA has always been apart of PS, don't like them then don't use them
    Can't get rid of common pool everything as its a balance nightmare so some things will always be cross faction
    Be thankful we got an AMS at all as they wanted to keep it as the galaxy and took a lot of effort on the forums to see the change made