Why are some camos 1000SC ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

I just noticed the Cybermail camo is 1000SC. Why is that ? What is setting this one appart from all the other 500SC PlayerStudio camos ?
  2. ReformerTR

Because its super sexy camo?
    • Up x 2
  3. t31os

Most of the cosmetics seem overpriced to me, that's why i've purchased all of one item outside a bundle. Weapons are useful, camo just looks nice.

I just don't see any value for money in the cosmetics, not with the current pricing. Maybe i just need a few more beers, that's usually when my spending occurs.
    • Up x 5
  4. Zotamedu

Because the people at SOE predicts that it looks good enough for people to pay that much for it.
  5. Solidpew

They're made from real material. Black scales probably comes from alligators. Or was it crocodiles?
    • Up x 5
  6. -Synapse-

For some reason people seem to think the obnoxiously shiny stuff looks cool, so it's priced higher than the more sensible camos.
  7. Bonom Denej

• Up x 3
  8. Bonom Denej

Ok, I just looked at the camouflages and three camos are actually 1000 SC.
    Cybermail, Grey Scale and Shattered (not sure of the name, I'm doing a translation from the french)... As far as Cybermail goes, it's apparently not right if you look at TRay's tweet...
    But Grey Scale... It's a very dark camo and apparently a pretty known one. Shattered is also pretty dark with a little bit of ES color. But... why 1000 SC ? Is it a P2W (I know PS2 is far from P2W) confession because of they way they could make you less visible ?
  9. NinjaTurtle

I just wish they would sell the circuit board camo
  10. phreec

Sought-after and flashy exclusive cosmetics tend to cost more in all games (hell, even in real life).

Some very rare skins in CSGO are sold for over €500 etc.
  11. Bonom Denej

Well, then I could see much much more camos being 1000 SC then. Why only those three ? Appart from Cybermail, the other two are quite old.

Those skins are rare because they cost 500€ or do they cost 500€ because they're rare ? And showing one game's absurd (but somehow genius since people are paying) way of pricing shouldn't really be an argument to explain this in my opinion. PS2 is, so far, free of such bullsh*t. Yeah, everyone could argue prices are high already, but everything is pretty much consistent. We don't have platinum sundie armor that is 10 times the normal price or stuff like that.

I just can't understand why 3 camos in the depot are twice the price of every other.
  12. t31os

Such items are for crazy people though... surely...

..for a virtual item... you gotta be some kinda crazy or have serious money to waste.
    • Up x 3
  13. Bonom Denej

Or simply want to support the game you love ?

But yeah, I'd still love feedback from a dev. What's the reason behind those 3 1000 SC camos ?
  14. sindz

Because some people think black camo makes you invisble and impossible to see and hyped to the extreme and therefor SOE could put a fat price on it. Little do the people realize that it makes no difference at all, since the nights in ps2 are way too bright and there is a brightness option and doritoes that make any kind of camo obsolete.
  15. Bonom Denej

I can agree on Esamir / Amerish and maybe Hossin, but Indar has some pretty dark nights. Not as dark as beta nights but still.

I've tweeted devs about this, again. I want an answer from them... If it's ok for Grey Scale and Shatter I could get it, but Cybermail has nothing more than many many more empire specific camos. If Cybermail is 1000 SC intentionnaly (it's apparently not intentionnal), other camo could be priced the same it doesn't make any sense that only that one is 1000 SC.
  16. sindz

Cybermail looks horrible, I dont understand why it costs 1k either.
  17. t31os

Nights aren't dark enough? lol, if they were any darker i'd be driving into trees and practically everything. I'd rather not have nights so dark that i'm forced to drive vehicles with the lights on just to see where i'm going(especially considering how terrible the light source they produce is).

What type of screen do you have? IPS, TN, VA? And is it calibrated?
    • Up x 1
  18. Dregan

The same reason there are black and gold guns to buy at much greater prices. Exclusivity.
  19. sindz

This is night, not the pathetic we have atm.
    • Up x 1
  20. Whatupwidat

There are sensible camos? Other than the original SOE ones most of them are dog-****; either too bright or too bloody shiny.