Why another ninja change one the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tnsr, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Tnsr

Well done, SOE.
    Once more you made changes to the game (in for about 1 week now) and didn't tell anything about it. And this time it's not only about some tweak here or a little bit less damage there.
    After 6 months in this game I can tell 100% sure you changed something on the netcode which changes the hit detection and movement of enemy models. And don't tell me you haven't. You have.
    I am pumping 50% of my mag into an enemy that stands in front of me and nothing happens. I am spamming bullets on an enemy on mid range and miracly all bullets hit. Enemies jumping out if vehicles and killing me before they get even rendered.
    Worse than this is the terrible inconsistency in your new hit detection. I am FED UP with enemies running through my bullets in CQC range. What kind of a BS netcode is this? Feels like the ping of every single player now is much more relevant if you can hit them or not than before the change. This game has made another step downwards and SOE doesn't even bother to tell us when they make changes to the fundamental core elements of the game. I was about to write this thread before, but I thought to myself: hey, just wait, you get used to it. But now I am really angry over enemies constantly killing me because you guys at SOE can't do a SINGLE ******* THING right.
  2. Beartornado

I'm fairly certain many of the low TTK deaths, especially when your vehicle abruptly explodes from weapons that would've take more time to kill you, is a result of the otherwise nonexistent netcode that decides you're going to know that you're dead about 5 seconds after you already died, and the damage you took during that time will be lump-sum delivered all at once.

The biggest culprit of course would appear to be MAX flak on ESFs. As a MAX I feel like I take much longer to down an ESF with flak than I do when I'm flying and my armor is abruptly melting off.
  3. Arenthas

4. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    I have been essentially 1-hit by a Beamer before.

Garbage netcode
  5. Tnsr

So can we expect ANY word from SOE about this matter?
    Anything that explains what you have changed so we can adept?
    I guess you changed something on the lag compensation, would explain the phenomenons, but I am not here to play some guessing games. So what is it?
  6. RedPsycho

Funny, I haven't had any issues with my hit detection since they merged the servers. When they first did that I was having massive hit detection errors. Now I'm hardly noticing them.