Who else is gonna drop money when Hossin drops?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hotbread

Anyone else going to drop money on this game when Hossin drops?
    I've wanted to buy a membership for this game for a while, but I always get bored fighting over the same base day after day. So I'm waiting for hossin to buy a membership, anyone else with me?
    • Up x 1
  2. Mekeji

I will never buy a membership to any game. (the only exception is if Monster Hunter Frontier ever comes to America)

However I do plan to eventually get some SC and grab some cosmetics. Mostly a helm, darkscale camo, and maybe some armor for my medic. Just not now as all my disposable income is going towards the steam sale right now.
  3. Tommyp2006

I'll keep up my membership for convenience sake (that queue priority is going to come in handy on the recently merged Emerald), but that's the only money I ever need to spend on this game again, especially since I already have every weapon, except for a few Rangers and the new lib weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. ironeddie

I took out subscriprion to reward soe for dropping pro7. I don't think hossin itself would have made me spend. I was planning to buy the new pistols though.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hotbread

I've been on connery since day 1. Only had a Q during the Event thing that happened a while back.
  6. USD

I won't drop money because of Hossin.
  7. Tuco

I'm gonna drop money on H1Z1 to support this awesome game engine. The same reason I rage-quit PS1 in 2006 is the same reason I aint putting a penny in PS2. The orbital strike is a nerf to the AMS, the EMP blast is a nerf to CE. We don't even have the AMS/CE in PS2, that's like having a super CUD, they're so powerful they completely deleted the AMS/CE from the game.
  8. Badname707

Forumside, thou art a fickle creature.
    • Up x 4
  9. Sagabyte

I got the elite soldier pack and gave recruit packs for my friends. Its a lot of crap for just 7$. I also have 1000 smeds ready for daily sales.
  10. Serevn

The redeploy issue still exists, so not me.
  11. Hotbread

Also a NC and TR char on connery, right on brah!
  12. Naders

I am not sure them just adding this will make me sub... The reason I say this is how long it took them for this to come out. Will I be waiting another year for an actual content update? I would have to wait and see how the update and maybe the next big update plays out.

I view Hossin and continental conquest as a "content" update when it comes to a MMO type game. If it takes them this long to release something, is it really worth dumping money into this game in the form of a sub if that is going to be the usual time frame? No. Maybe a station cash card every now and again but I really only did that back in the day when they had their double/triple events. With how much SC items cost in this game, my $15 really doesn't go that far. When I want to buy in-game currency, I want to know I will be getting the most for my dollar and right now it really doesn't go that far.
  13. Udnknome

Que will be longer with continents locked out... especially during alerts. This will be my motivation to buy membership if anything.

I've bought SC in the past for guns/hats/novelty items (fireworks). Just not a subscription yet.

I don't play any other subscription games anymore, (quit wow years ago) so it's in the budget if I want.
  14. cl34n3r

I will drink a beer in honor of the U.S. Independence Day on July 4 and i will buy some SC for ~ 100(have already prepared those money) ONLY IF will be some serious sale in that day, i want some cosmetics, i understand developement need suport from players for be good, but without SC sale the prices in this game are a bit too expensive for my budget. So for me, 4 july SC sale = buy, no sale = no buy.
  15. SamCrow1

Me too, when they transfer accounts from PRO7 to SOE, the same second I will get my subscription, just to say THANK YOU for that move! Had it before, but those PRO7s made me mad and canceled it way back..
    A lot of good news, Hossin, continent lock, OUTFIT DECALS !!! Yeah, I will give SOE some cash!
  16. FishMcCool

A lot of those 2500 Emerald prime time players, once they're stuck queuing for the only two unlocked continents. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. Plunutsud pls

Upgraded for a couple months to avoid queues and get more certs and resources, plus 500 SC will be useful for the 4th July sale (I assume there will be a big one).
  18. DK22

I played for the better part of a year for free before getting a membership (12 months)
    Totally worth it imho if you play alot.
    Mostly I liked the once a year bill, if it was once a month I would never do that to my budget.
    Don't know if you've seen Hossin, but its not like the 3 continents we have now, I think its going to be hard to play.
  19. FieldMarshall

You should probably wait and see what happens.
    In a few weeks you could have an empty wallet, a subscription and fighting on Indarside for all we know.
  20. Jbrain

I don't get people who play games but feel zero desire to support it. This is one of the things that makes free to play bad. You get people who don't give a **** about the game. Truth is if you want a better continually improving planetside you should support it in some way even if its not a sub.

Id bet you older gamers like me and most of the adult crowd "get it" we understand these games are made by people who get up everyday and go to work for us. To make us the best game possible. When im playing I realize this and to show my appreciation I sub/spend money on the game. That's what it boils down to. appreciation = sub/spend plain as that.
    • Up x 3